Interim Executive Director of Finance
Our client is the largest homelessness charity in the UK. Their reputation as being committed to the welfare of its service users and its broader client group has been hard won, and yet their expertise and innovation must always be further enhanced and developed. In order to continue the growth trajectory, they are looking for an Interim Executive Director of Finance. This will be a pivotal, strategic and key role to ensuring that the organisation can continue to enjoy a successful future.
This is a 6 month contract, on an interim basis whilst they recruit to the permanent post.
Duties of the role will include:
- To ensure they remain a client focused organisation that has the needs and aspirations of beneficiaries at its heart.
- As a member of the Executive Team, take responsibility for strategy and future direction of the organisation.
- Provide inspiring leadership to all staff within Directorate and within the organisation as a whole.
- Manage the finances and related systems and processes to the highest standards to ensure the organisation remains financially strong and independent.
- Provide dedicated business support for the growth of new business and to our social enterprises.
- Manage organisational costs closely, including salaries, infrastructure and business support, housing costs.
To be successful in the role you will need the following qualifications and skills:
- Fully qualified accountant (CA, CIMA, ACCA, IPFA or similar) or Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators (ICSA)
- Effective leadership and line management of teams in a financial or other relevant environment with a significant financial turnover.
- Understanding and applying the principles of costing, treasury management, and risk management.
- Preparing and presenting complex reports to Boards/Committees and/or external organisations.
- Developing, implementing and using computerised accounting and financial systems.
- A well-developed knowledge of the regulatory framework governing the running of Registered Social Landlords and their financial activities and reporting.
- Good working understanding of the financial aspects of housing management
Please submit your CV via the prospectus website by clicking the "apply now" button. A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted CVs and cover letters in order to determine each applicant's suitability and aptitude for the contract role.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices and complete an online test if an interview is requested from the client.
The starting date would ideally be the 31st of October, so we would encourage you to submit your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible.
Please note that this advert may close earlier than advertised, so you are encouraged to send a CV to register your interest.