Major Supporter Manager
Major Supporter Manager
Up to £40,000 per annum
- Do you have a proven track record of success?
- Are you a highly ambitious with a passion for major donor fundraising?
- Are you ready to take the next step in your career within a dynamic medical research charity?
If this sounds like you, the role of Major Supporter Manager at Asthma UK could be just what you’re looking for. This is a great opportunity to join us at an exciting time, as we embark on the second phase of a major research fundraising appeal.
What the role involves
Your experience and expertise as a major donor fundraiser will come into play as you work closely with the Deputy Director of Fundraising on the second phase of a £2m appeal in support of vital asthma research. You will also manage your own personal portfolio of high net worth donors, working collaboratively with other key Asthma UK departments.
The role would suit you if…
… you are an experienced major donor fundraising professional, keen to take your expertise and strategic thinking to the next level. You have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and you enjoy working in a fast-paced work place, in an organisation which understands and supports the vital importance of fundraising from the top down.
You will need:
- Proven success of cultivating and securing major gifts from high net worth individuals in a charitable environment
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels
- Experience of meeting ambitious but achievable targets.
Come and make a difference
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Although asthma affects 1 in 5 households in the UK it is, mistakenly, seen to be ‘sorted’. It’s not. In the UK today, every 10 seconds someone has a potentially fatal asthma attack. Every day the lives of three families are devastated by the death of a loved one to an asthma attack. Tragically, the majority of these could be prevented right now with the right basic care. Others still suffer with asthma so severe current treatments don’t work. This has to change. That’s why Asthma UK exists.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high performance culture, it’s probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you have a genuine talent for major donor fundraising, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply, please click on the Apply link now!
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 24th October 2016.
First round interviews will be held on shortly after the closing date
More jobs like this
- Full Time Health & Medical Fundraising jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Health & Medical Marketing jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Health & Medical Business Development & Commercial jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Health & Medical Major Donor/ Gifts jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Health & Medical Supporter Development jobs in London (Greater)