Head of Fundraising - The National Literacy Trust
The National Literacy Trust work to improve the reading, writing, speaking and listening skills in the UK's most disadvantaged communities, where up to 40 per cent of people have literacy problems. Their research and analysis make them the leading authority on literacy and drive their interventions. Because low literacy is intergenerational, they focus their work on families, young people and children.
NLT are commercially-minded, savvy, creative and innovative in how they approach fundraising, and have strong partnerships with major brands including McDonald's, Boots, KPMG, WH Smith, The Premier League and PWC, generating just over £1m in 2015-2016. In addition to this, trusts, foundation and statutory income is worth nearly £2m, and events activity raises a further c.£200k and is largely focused on challenge events and gala dinners at which authors speak, drawing large, well-connected audiences.
There is now an opportunity for an experienced, senior fundraiser to build on this success and diversify the portfolio. NLT are very well-placed to secure Major Donor income due to their unique, influential networks of senior figures in the arts, politics and business, and the existing corporate, trusts and events activity is primed for significant development.
This role will suit a high-energy leader who is excited about leading an experienced team and developing fundraising across the board. There is organisational support for radical thinking, and we are looking for someone who can creatively develop new funding opportunities whilst providing ambitious leadership to the team.
You will be expected to provide strategic direction to your team, and personally manage relationships with NLT’s influential senior stakeholders, deftly navigating these complex networks to extract maximum value from them, both financial and non-financial. The role is part of a strong, collegiate senior leadership team, and will contribute to wider strategic conversations about the direction in which NLT is heading.
Experience / skills:
- An experienced, senior fundraising leader with high value fundraising expertise
- A proven ability to create and deliver a fundraising strategy
- Delivering results by leading a team.
- Expert at engaging with trustees, involving them in fundraising or leveraging their networks
- Seasoned leader and developer of staff
- Used to setting ambitious growth targets and leading people their team to deliver on these
Submission of candidates to NLT: 8th November
First interviews: w/c 14th November
Please send your CV to Q5 using the form below - Martin will be in touch.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Education Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Senior Management jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Corporate Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Major Donor/ Gifts jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Trusts & Foundations jobs in London (Central)