Help & Advisory Officer - Charity
Our client’s aim is to make the most positive impact to alleviate the issues people face by offering appropriate financial support and advice in line with the Charity’s procedures.
Help & Advisory Officer
Permanent, Full time
We're looking for an adviser to deal with enquiries and applications to the Charity for financial assistance and advice.
You will be a skilled communicator in writing, on the phone and using digital media. You will be confident dealing with challenging circumstances with empathy, sensitivity and clarity, gathering and interpreting information.
Key Skills required for the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with colleagues and people seeking help
- Listening skills and ability to identify presenting and underlying issues to offer appropriate signposting and services
- Ability to gather and analyse financial information and apply policies to make a financial support decision
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good teamworking skills
- Good IT Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, experience with databases)
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks with minimum supervision, prioritise and manage own workload
- Basic knowledge of welfare benefits
- Understanding of basic budgeting to help people maximise their income would be an advantage
Closing date for applications is 5pm on 30th October.
Interviews will be held week commencing 7th November.
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will then be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
This charity values a diverse workforce and they welcome applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies please.