Head of Fundraising
This is a new senior leadership role created to drive significant growth in high value fundraising activity for Amref Health Africa, Africa’s leading health NGO as we embark on an ambitious new three-year strategy. You will manage a team covering fundraising from Corporates, Major Gifts, Trusts and Foundations and Individuals and work to increase Amref’s profile with priority audiences.
We are looking for an experienced and effective Fundraising professional with leadership experience who can motivate and manage staff and make a significant contribution to the senior management of the organisation during this exciting phase in 60-year history.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference in a growing, ambitious organisation with a powerful track record of improving access to healthcare for marginalised people across Africa.
You will drive fundraising forward, exceed personal income targets, maximise the team’s return on investment and manage and motivate an enthusiastic team. You will lead a portfolio of high value partnerships, define and implement a fundraising strategy and collaborate closely with Amref Health Africa colleagues in the UK and across the world. The priorities will be to grow and consolidate our fundraising income, particularly in the high value area, broaden our income base, strengthen our brand across all fundraising audiences and invest in strong and efficient systems, processes and data management.
Amref Health Africa is one of the world’s leading health development organisations. With headquarters in Nairobi and country offices across the African continent, we are dedicated to working for a better health future for Africa. Amref in the UK supports the strategic goals of the organisation. We are a growing and ambitious team encompassing Fundraising, Communications, Programmes and Management and Administration.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Senior-level experience of successful fundraising with an emphasis on High Value donors and partners
- Strong skills in strategic planning, target setting and high quality delivery in a team environment
- A proven ability to establish and grow new income streams, securing six-figure (and above) gifts and partnerships
- Ability to develop and use strong metrics and KPIs to monitor and drive performance in a target-focussed environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills including the development of donor agreements
- A passion for international development
This is a great opportunity to progress your fundraising career in an ambitious and growing team as part of Africa’s largest health development NGO.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter of no more than two pages, describing why you wish to join us and clearly outlining what you would bring to the role relating your skills, experience and knowledge to the person specification.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 31st October 2016
Interviews are scheduled for the weeks of 7th and 14th November.
More jobs like this
- Full Time International Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time International Community Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time International Corporate Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time International Events Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time International Major Donor/ Gifts jobs in London (Central)