Trustee with Finance expertise
At least 21 million children, women and men are forced to live in slavery across the world today. We work with partners worldwide to set these people free and eradicate slavery.
We are currently seeking new trustees with relevant skills and expertise to help us achieve our objectives.
We would particularly welcome individuals with expertise in finance, who would also participate in the board’s finance sub-committee
- To advise the Board on all financial matters concerning Anti-Slavery International.
- To discuss and advise on the preparation of the Anti-Slavery International budget and monitor expenditure made by the organization
- To attend the annual meeting with the auditors.
Candidates should have
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A clear understanding of trustees’ governance role and responsibilities
- Understanding of strategic financial management
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- A strong commitment to championing human rights, equality and diversity
- A willingness to challenge and question
- Commitment and capacity to attend Board and other trustee meetings as required
Senior management or board level experience in not-for-profit organisations, business, government, or trade unions is desirable but not essential.
The Board meets about every two months at Anti-Slavery’s office in Stockwell, usually on Tuesdays from 5:00pm. It also has an Awayday once a year usually on a Saturday. The trustee role is voluntary and non-remunerated role. Reasonable travel and similar direct expenses incurred to attend meetings will be reimbursed.
If you would like to contribute to the overall running and governance of the world’s oldest international human rights organization, www.antislavery.org please contact the Director, Aidan McQuade at email@example.com for more information about the role. You should send your CV and cover letter, including contact details of two referees, explaining how you can contribute to Anti-Slavery’s governance and leadership to firstname.lastname@example.org marking your application “Trustees”.
Closing date for applications is 10 am on Monday 24th Oct 2016 with interviews for shortlisted applicants scheduled for Thursday 3rd November 2016.