External Trustee / Director
Huddersfield Students’ Union is a dynamic, fast paced, student-led organisation; representing all students at the University of Huddersfield. The Students’ Union runs a variety of services for students including sports, societies, campaigning, volunteering, representation, as well as a high profile advice centre and shop.
We have recently moved into a new home within a flagship University development, and have undergone exciting changes to the services we provide our members. We’re looking for people with ambition, drive and determination to get things done. But more than anything, we’re looking for people with energy and the desire the go that extra mile to help us make student life better.
The external trustees support the elected student officers and senior managers to steward the work of HudLets and have a positive impact on the lives of all our students. In this role, the candidate is expected to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely with students, colleagues, employees and strategic partners.
- Demonstrate commitment to HudLets and act as its representative as required.
- Question assumptions and working practices, assertively and respectfully and be prepared to express an opinion.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, employees and executive officers yet be prepared to demonstrate leadership.
- Reach decisions based on evidence, experience and input from others.
Applications Deadline: 31st October 2016
Anticipated Interview Date: 7th November 2016