Full details of the role including a full Job Description and Person Specification are available within our recruitment pack which you can download from our website.
Huddersfield Students’ Union is a dynamic, fast paced, student-led organisation; representing all students at the University of Huddersfield. The Students’ Union runs a variety of services for students including sports, societies, campaigning, volunteering, representation, as well as a high profile advice centre and shop.
We have recently moved into a new home within a flagship University development, and have undergone exciting changes to the services we provide our members. We’re looking for people with ambition, drive and determination to get things done. But more than anything, we’re looking for people with energy and the desire the go that extra mile to help us make student life better.
Huddersfield Students’ Union is looking for someone to support the elected student officers and senior managers to steward the work of the Students’ Union and have a positive impact on the lives of all our students. In this role, the candidate is expected to:
- Communicate clearly and concisely with students, colleagues, employees and strategic partners.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Students’ Union and act as its representative as required.
- Question assumptions and working practices, assertively and respectfully and be prepared to express an opinion.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, employees and executive officers yet be prepared to demonstrate leadership.
- Develop and strengthen links with local people, groups, businesses and agencies within the locality.