Challenge Events Fundraiser
- Contract Type
Make-A-Wish® UK grants magical wishes to enrich the lives of children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions.
A wish gives a desperately ill child and their family time away from the daily struggles of living with a serious condition. With the support of our volunteers, fundraisers, donors and corporate partners, we have turned the wishes of more than 10,000 seriously ill children into magical realities – creating precious memories to treasure forever, whatever the future may hold.
As part of a fast paced and energetic Fundraising team within Make-A-Wish the Challenge Events Fundraisers role is to recruit and support events participants.
Your main responsibility would be supporting the Events Manager in recruiting new and supporting current fundraisers throughout their supporter journey, maximising income and providing all types of fundraisers with innovative ideas and advice that is relevant to them.
We are looking for an individual with experience in charity events or the events industry who has a can do approach and is results orientated. You should be excellent at building relationships and communicating with people by phone, email and in person. You must be able to manage projects and communication plans for your events making sure every participant has a positive experience with Make-A-Wish.
Closing date is 25 October 2016 with interviews planned for the following week.
Please see the full Job Description below:
JOB TITLE: Challenge Events Fundraiser
DEPARTMENT: Fundraising & Development
REPORTS TO: Challenge Events Manager
To provide support to Challenge Events participants throughout their journey as a Make-A-Wish supporter. To assist the Challenge Events Manager with the growth and development of Make-A-Wish’s programme of Runs and Challenge Events.
- Be responsible for the supporter journey of participants in Make-A-Wish events
- Respond to event enquires promptly and efficiently
- Create well structured, tailored communication plans for the Challenge Events Programme
- Build project plans for events including timelines, marketing and budgeting
- Attend events providing personal support to participants and to spread the word of Make-A-Wish across other charity supporters and the general public
- Manage volunteers to ensure appropriate support and attendance at events and in the office
- Update and complete event portals within deadlines required
- Maximise participation and income generation through events
- Maximise relationships with supporters to increase repeat participants
- Support the Challenge Events Manager in building relationships with Tour Operators and Event Organisers
- Manage the Events pages on the Make-A-Wish website ensuring it is up to date and relevant
- Work with the Digital & Marketing team to ensure events pages convert enquires into registrations
- Communicate with supporters when necessary to chase up outstanding sponsorship money
- Be prepared to work some weekends and evenings where events require
- Provide cover and support for other team members
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Event management experience, preferably in a fundraising capacity
- Understand of how to maximise income raised at events, including gift aid
- Knowledge of online fundraising websites
- Experience of working with databases
- Experience of budgeting and financial management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both written and oral
- Ability to work on own initiative without supervision
- Excellent IT skills – MS office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint plus general database skills
- Must have a full driver’s licence and your own vehicle as travel will be required
Leadership and Management
- Confidence to manage volunteers and suppliers at events
- Ability and experience of building and maintaining relationships with a range of different people and suppliers
- Ability to set goals and achieve them
- Creative and a problem-solver
- Strong team-working skills and ethos
- Great rapport builder
Apply for Challenge Events Fundraiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly