Professional Engagement Officer (2x roles)
Location: Chesterfield or London
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 - 30,000 + Benefits
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 23 October 2016
Do you want to make a tangible difference to the lives of people living with arthritis and other musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions? Are you passionate about collaborating with professionals to improve outcomes for people living with the pain and disability of arthritis? If so, we want to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for two dynamic and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing Professional Engagement team as Professional Engagement Officers. Our mission is to shape and deliver a programme of impactful work to engage, inspire and educate professionals to deliver high quality care and support to people with musculoskeletal conditions.
About the role
The Professional Engagement Officers will join the Professional Engagement team and contribute to shaping and delivering a programme of work which will support professionals to provide great MSK care.
You will help to build our professional ‘alumni’ network to provide professionals with access to good practice, regular information and research updates and support from a peer community. You will scope out opportunities to reach priority professional groups, including those in primary care, physiotherapists and fitness professionals, and contribute to shaping insight activities to help inform our engagement and education work with these audiences.
These roles will contribute to the development of our professional engagement and education portfolio, which supports Arthritis Research UK’s professional ‘alumni’ members to access training and development opportunities to support best practice. This includes extending the reach of our e-learning package ‘Core skills in musculoskeletal care’ aimed at GPs and other healthcare professionals and developed in partnership with The Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP).
- Experience of contributing to the successful delivery of a programme of innovative engagement activities with a range of audiences and of using insight methods to inform areas of work.
- Excellent track record in project management, including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience of working with, and directing, external consultants, senior stakeholders and delivery partners/suppliers (preferably within education sector).
- Experience of working in a charity, public health, healthcare, medical or related setting and good knowledge of the health and social care landscape including decision making structures and care pathways.
- Strong team worker and skilled in collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply
To apply please submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- and a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
Email your completed application by midnight on 23 October 2016
First interviews expected: 3rd November (Chesterfield office) and 4th November (London office)
Arthritis Research UK is the charity dedicated to stopping the devastating impact that arthritis has on people’s lives.
Our long-term commitment is prevention, developing a cure, and transforming the lives of those with arthritis.
We fund research into new treatments to end the pain of arthritis, and provide information on living well with arthritis.
Read more about the organisation and our benefits on our website
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Arthritis Research is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156