Chief Executive Officer
3 days left
- Contract Type
Due to the retirement of our current Chief Officer we have a rare and exciting vacancy within the Cumbria CVS team. We are seeking a professional, people focussed individual with a keen eye for partnerships and opportunities to secure resources for service development and delivery. Working closely with our Trustee Board you will be responsible for strategic and operational direction. You will have strong business acumen and be an inspirational leader with proven senior management experience.
- To be responsible for the management of the affairs of Cumbria CVS in line with its policies and as directed by the Board of Trustees
- To work with Trustees to develop strategic direction and financial sustainability for Cumbria CVS, and ensure equitable and accessible delivery of Cumbria CVS services
- To ensure effective external representation of the third sector in general and Cumbria CVS in particular
- To lead on quality assurance
Principle tasks include:
- Staff and Volunteer Management
- Financial and Legal Management
- Other including media/communications/H&S
Cumbria CVS, established in March 2007, is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. It provides generalist infrastructure support to third sector organisations in Cumbria. The third sector encompasses community and voluntary groups and organisations, as well as faith groups and social enterprises. Cumbria CVS is a membership organisation.
Cumbria CVS has a commitment to ensuring that frontline services are a priority for funding, with back office functions being rationalised and streamlined where possible.
Cumbria CVS is designed to provide equitable and accessible infrastructure support to the broadest spectrum possible of third sector groups and organisations. We will work to encourage those groups and organisations to think of themselves as part of the Cumbria Third Sector Network supported by Cumbria CVS.
Infrastructure support includes:
- General advice and information
- Organisational development
- Funding advice
- Business planning
- Quality assurance
- Representation and liaison
- Sector development and
- Promotion of third sector organisations across Cumbria.
Cumbria CVS Trading Ltd. has been established to ensure a source of income to Cumbria CVS the Charity. Payroll, independent examination and accounts management services are delivered through Right Balance Accounting – a social enterprise that has been set up as part of our trading company. Ultimately Right Balance will generate income capable of contributing to CVS service delivery, and lessen our dependence on grants. Further income generation is achieved by selling training and development support as appropriate, raising fees from membership and letting out office/training/meeting space at our premises in Barrow, Carlisle, Maryport and Penrith.
We aim to provide the best possible infrastructure support to groups and organisations working in the third sector in Cumbria.
Apply for Chief Executive Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly