Head of Legal Services
Public Concern at Work, the whistleblowing charity, is the leading authority in the field. We aim to protect society by encouraging workplace whistleblowing.
- We advise individuals with whistleblowing dilemmas at work
- We support organisations with their whistleblowing arrangements
- We inform public policy and seek legislative change
We are now seeking a Head of Legal Services to join our dynamic team and manage our advice line for whistleblowers. The role will be heavily biased towards casework.
For more information about our work, please visit our website – www.pcaw.org.uk.
This post is based in our office in Borough and will include:
- Providing high quality advice to clients
- Ensuring high standards of advice are maintained
- Ensuring on-going client satisfaction
- Supervision of a maximum of two trainee solicitors in conjunction with the Chief Executive (from time to time)
- Supervising advisers with their case loads (currently we have eight advisers)
- Providing expert input on cases
- Ensuring legal knowledge of the team is up to date
- Managing the team’s resources and advice line rota
- Monitoring and reporting on advice line trends and quality
The role will also require working closely with the Chief Executive to ensure she is informed of significant cases, trends and issues.
The role requires a qualified solicitor with at least five years PQE. Significant experience in employment law is desirable.
The ideal candidate will have strong, supportive leadership and communication skills. Additionally a good understanding of how best to advise and support those that speak up in the workplace and vulnerable clients. Knowledge of the charitable sector would be an advantage.
Additional benefits include: 30 days annual leave, 8% pension entitlement, sabbatical entitlement after 5 years’ service
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter by Monday 24 October 2016, explaining suitability for the role and the charity's objectives. More details can be found in our full job description.
For questions and applications please contact Andrew Parsons on 020 3117 2520 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held week commencing 7 November 2016.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Education Campaigning jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Senior Management jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Management jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Business Development & Commercial jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Finance & Legal jobs in London (Central)