Chief Executive Officer
Russam GMS is proud to be partnering with Anchor Counselling in their search for a Chief Executive.
Anchor Counselling’s main objective is to focus on the delivery of free, professional, and confidential counselling sessions to clients in a safe and non-judgemental manner. Anchor Counselling is proud to be the sole counselling provider of the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme for Hounslow CCG. They work in partnership with the West London Mental Health Trust, Twining Enterprise and have a strong working relationship with the Hounslow CCG.
Anchor is not only concerned with delivering commissioned services but also on finding ways to benefit the community as a whole. Anchor is keen to build stronger links with the community and to address gaps in service provision, particularly for those who are in the greatest need.
The organisation has a professional and enthusiastic team of counsellors and is in a strong position to build on past achievements and significantly grow future business.
The new CEO will be pivotal in continuing to build Anchor into a vibrant and sustainable organisation, delivering excellent services with high levels of social value and organisational worth. The CEO will continue to drive their growth strategy to innovate and develop new services with a mix of funding and delivery partners.
The overall purpose of this role is:
- To direct and control Anchor’s operations, receiving strategic guidance from the Board to ensure that Anchor achieves its mission and objectives.
- Work with the Chair and the Board of Trustees to formulate and regularly review the organisation’s mission and strategic plan; ensure it is able to monitor annual plans and targets.
- Oversee the clinical operations of Anchor to assure the satisfaction of clients, funding sources, and regulators.
- Ensure that the organisation is well administered and meets its governance responsibilities.
- Develop tenders to secure contracts for the delivery of commissioned mental health services.
- Oversee all income generation activities, including successful planning and implementation.
- Enhance Anchor Counselling’s impact and profile locally, regionally and nationally.
In addition, the CEO will be the ambassador for counselling in external meetings and conferences, regularly attending clinical meetings with CCGs/stakeholders and other partnerships. You will have the overall responsibility for clinical counselling including monitoring of clinical cases, ensuring appropriate referral pathways and responding as needed to clinical risk.
This role is based at Anchor Counselling’s Head Office at The Meadows Health Centre, Hounslow.
For further details and a thorough explanation of the duties and responsibilities for this role, please refer to the candidate pack.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrable minimum 10 years’ experience working at a senior level in a health related industry and at least 5 years counselling experience and recent experience of counselling within the NHS; be BACP and/or UKCP registered.
You must also be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of healthcare commissioning. Familiarity with NHS commissioning is desirable.
- A good understanding of financial management with a track record of delivering budgets in accordance with set targets.
- Evidence of good listening and influencing skills and the ability to build sustainable relationships with people at all levels in a wide range of organisations.
- Commercial nous evidenced by a track record of winning new business, negotiating, strategy setting, service modelling and redesign and using KPIs to improve service delivery.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Have a good working knowledge of BACP ethical framework and a clear understanding of NICE guidelines.
Anchor Counselling are looking for someone who is able to roll up their sleeves and hit the ground running, someone who has great ideas but, as importantly, can make them happen. You will be the ambassador for the organisation and be able to instil confidence and trust in others through a collaborative style of working.
For more information on this role please download the Candidate Information Pack.
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th October 2016