Director of Fundraising
1 day left
- Contract Type
Director of Fundraising, The MTV Staying Alive Foundation
Based in London, the Director of Fundraising is responsible for developing and delivering the Foundation’s fundraising strategy and leading on all its fundraising activities, including corporate, major donor, events, community, statutory, trusts and international foundations. The position will manage a team of 2 people. The primary objectives of this role will be to grow the funding base still further, whilst maximising funding from existing donors.
- To develop and implement a fundraising strategy, with clearly set priorities and targets, and to plan and monitor progress.
- Primary responsibility for securing new fundraising streams for the Foundation by identifying potential companies with which to work, creating innovative and creative partnerships.
- To work closely with Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) on any potential corporate partnerships within the company or with other companies.
- Primary responsibility for maintaining contact with present high-net-worth individual (HNWI) supporters and establishing relationships with new HNWIs.
- To oversee the implementation of fundraising events globally with primary responsibility for securing sponsorship, ticket sales and partnerships.
- To manage the Fundraising and Events Manager and the Trusts & Foundations Manager.
- To work closely with the Grant Management team to ensure a close understanding of our grant-giving strategy and to identify areas of work in need of funding support and develop funder-friendly proposals.
- To oversee the creation of relevant fundraising materials and resources.
- To represent the MTV Staying Alive Foundation at events.
- To manage the Staying Alive Development Board, organising meetings and regularly liaising with the Board to make best use of their contacts and develop fundraising opportunities from corporates, foundations, and HNWIs.
- A proven track record of bringing in targeted income
- A proven individual track record with results of building strategic corporate partnerships
- Significant knowledge of the fundraising sector and a proven track record in at least one additional, relevant discipline (e.g. Cause related marketing, Individual Giving, Digital Fundraising, Community Fundraising, Communications, Brand management)
- Strategy development skills and demonstrable project management and operational experience.
- A skilled, engaging communicator—both on paper and in person.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to understand and be fully committed to the aims and objectives of the MTV Staying Alive Foundation
- Sound understanding of and interest in global health and international development preferred.
Viacom core competencies:
- Communicates and listens
- Builds relationships
- Influences and negotiates
- Takes initiative
- Manages the work
- Composure and flexibility
- Acts with integrity
Thinking and problem Solving
- Develops creative products and solutions
- Judgment and analysis
- Thinks strategically
Management and leadership
- Communicates effectively with employees
- Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
- Defines, directs and delegates work
- Develops people through feedback and coaching
- Creative excellence
- Passion and optimism
- Teamwork and transparency
- Flawless executive
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Health & Medical Fundraising jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Health & Medical Community Fundraising jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Health & Medical Corporate Fundraising jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Health & Medical Events Fundraising jobs in London (Greater)
- Full Time Health & Medical Major Donor/ Gifts jobs in London (Greater)