Nordoff Robbins is the largest independent music therapy charity in the UK, dedicated to changing the lives of vulnerable and isolated people. We support thousands of people through our own centres and by working in partnership with a wide range of organisations including care homes, schools and hospitals.
In the hands of a trained practitioner, music therapy can be used to support people living with a wide range of needs. It can help a child with autism to communicate, unlock forgotten memories for those living with dementia or provide comfort for someone facing a terminal illness. Music therapy can be life-changing for so many people.
The post-holder will sit in the Fundraising and Communications Team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Executive will hold responsibility for the Nordoff Robbins website and all social media output.
ROLE SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF JOB
The post-holder will be joining Nordoff Robbins (NR) at an exciting time in its digital development. Having recently implemented a new brand and website we are committed to digital as a key channel for transforming our practice – both in terms of engaging new supporters and improving the service delivered to our beneficiaries.
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of websites and how digital channels can be used to engage new and existing audiences. We are looking for a creative whizz who can create compelling content but is equally confident with data and interpreting it to inform and develop practice.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Nordoff Robbins website
- Day-to-day management of the Nordoff Robbins website – managing all content, SEO and site marketing activity
- Provide regular data (Google Analytics) and interpret it to inform the continuous development of the NR site according to strategic objectives
- Work closely with colleagues from across the charity to maximise the NR website to meet strategic objectives – for example, driving referrals and generating income
- Lead on championing the NR website throughout the organisation and supporting colleagues to access and use it effectively
- Day-to-day management of NR digital agency
Digital marketing and social media:
- Lead on all NR digital marketing activity – earned, owned and paid
- Lead on generating strong creative, content and ideas for all social channels including imagery, infographics, film and written copy
- Responsible for planning all digital content and liaising with colleagues from across NR to ensure that all opportunities are maximised
- Provide regular reporting on digital activity and use it to inform continuous development and ensure strong ROI
- Work closely with colleagues in service delivery and fundraising to maximise digital channels for driving referrals and generating income
- Provide digital support at all Nordoff Robbins events including high-profile fundraisers - Silver Clef Awards, Music Industry Trust Awards and Legends of Football
- Keep abreast of digital trends and ensure that appropriate channels are maximised by NR in future campaigns
- Act as a champion for social media within the organisation, supporting colleagues to contribute regular content for relevant channels
- Identify any contractual requirements needed for NR digital activity and ensure legal compliance
- Lead on the development of the an email marketing programme for those signing up to communications via the NR website
- Work with fundraising colleagues to develop email strategies for supporter communications
- Implement tests agreed with fundraising colleagues for email campaigns to maximise response and engagement from all campaigns
- Plan and generate content for non-event related email marketing activity
For the personal specification, see attachment.
Closing date : 12/10/2016
Interview date : 14/10/2016
Apply for Digital Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly