Head of Retail
1 day left
- Contract Type
Wood Green is one of the UK’s leading animal rehoming and public education charities. Their vision is of a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes for life. They provide best possible care for animals in need and promote good animal welfare and responsible pet ownership by providing support, guidance and education to members of the public.
The charity is at an exciting stage in its development, with an ambitious new corporate strategy that seeks to significantly increase its impact over the coming years. This is in turn supported by a leading edge fundraising and retail strategy that seeks to optimise sustainable net income and long term value.
Head of Retail
Wood Green, the Animals Charity
This is a unique opportunity to lead the retail arm of the charity at an exciting time of increased investment and organisation growth. Reporting into the Fundraising Director you will be leading on developing and implementing a customer focused retail and trading strategy and nurturing a first class retail and trading team. With line management responsibility for a team of 5, key duties will include:
- Responsibility for significantly expanding the current chain of 10 retail outlets and optimising their contribution to enhancing the charity’s fundraising, customer engagement, rehoming and volunteering offerings.
- Ensuring that the retail and trading strategy supports the fundraising strategy’s goals of maximising sustainable net income and long term value for the charity.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership and build, manage and motivate a high performing retail and trading teams.
- Manage all statutory duties with regard to data protection, H&S training, risk assessments and business continuity planning.
- Maintain the highest operational standards, ensuring consistency of approach in merchandising, rotation, display, selection, pricing, space allocation, presentation, promotions, etc.
Candidates will need to have a clear understanding and be able to empathise with the charities values and goals, and be committed to helping the charity achieve their mission. Other essential criteria include:
- A demonstrable track record of growing a retail chain and optimising net contribution, either in the charity or commercial sector.
- Proven strategic capability with an ability to think outside the box to ensure a high street presence that is invigorating and all encompassing.
- Demonstrable experience in driving retail sales income and net profit whilst controlling costs and budgets.
- Knowledge and experience in identifying and developing successful new opportunities for income generation and growth.
- Experience of working strategically within a senior management team and providing comprehensive, effective and evidenced business cases to support growth.
- Confident and credible with the ability to build and lead relationships and partnerships.
- Full driving licence and the willingness to travel frequently.
To register your interest in this role, please submit your CV in Word format via the Prospectus website.. You may also upload a supporting statement, but this can be provided at a later date once you have full details of the role and the organisation.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted CVs in order to determine each applicant's suitability and aptitude for the role. Selected candidates will be contacted to discuss the role in more detail. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.
First Interview date with client: will be week commencing 17th October
Second Interview date with client will be week commencing 24th October