Finance & Operations Manager (Maternity Leave)
Would you like to join a small and innovative national charity working to give babies and young children a healthy start in life? Based in Eynsham, HENRY is seeking an experienced and skilled Finance & Operations Manager to provide Maternity Leave cover until April 2018.
To ensure effective financial management and operational compliance across the organisation. Hold direct responsibility for finance, HR, Health & Safety, office management, and other organisational support services. The postholder will have access to specialist finance, IT and HR expertise via on-going consultancy arrangements.
- Financial management, analysis and reporting
- HR, Health & Safety
- Office management, ensuring the effective provision of support services
- Line management of administrative roles
1. Financial management, analysis and reporting
- Take responsibility for the timely and effective implementation of all financial procedures and record-keeping, ensuring best practice and compliance with SORP
- Undertake monthly reconciliation, including stock, and prepare management accounts.
- Present detailed and accessible financial forecasting, analysis and information to senior managers and Trustees.
- Work with the Head of Business Development to develop annual budgets to enable delivery of the business plan and cost new projects
- Work with project managers to monitor and report back to funders on planned vs actual expenditure
- Act as lead liaison with the auditor to prepare accounts and annual report.
- Work with the Treasurer and finance consultant to plan, implement and maintain new financial systems where required.
- Manage the processing of payroll, including statutory pay and payments to HMRC through RTI.
- Liaise with HENRY’s group pension provider and manage the processing and payment of pension contributions.
- Support new staff joining the pension scheme
- Maintain all payroll records and supporting documentation.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns on time and in line with relevant guidance
2. HR and health and safety
- Take lead responsibility for HR including legal compliance for the organisation
- Liaise with external HR consultants as required to ensure best practice and compliance with employment legislation.
- Ensure confidential personal files for employees and freelance staff.
- Ensure effective monitoring of leave and sickness records.
- Ensure effective recruitment, induction, and departure processes are in place and consistently followed, identifying and implementing changes where needed in consultation with colleagues
- Support the effective induction of new staff.
- Provide HR support in relation to changes within the staff team, individual roles, terms and conditions etc.
- Maintain, develop, implement and monitor the health and safety policy working closely with colleagues, ensuring that the organisation is compliant with health and safety legislation.
- Reduce or prevent hazards, dangers and accidents within the workplace in so far as is reasonably practical.
3. Office management, ensuring the effective provision of support services
- Ensure the smooth running of the office, working closely with the Head of Business Development to review, develop and implement systems to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Ensure the organisation obtains best value when procuring services and equipment.
- Ensure that the organisation has the resources (IT, telephony, accommodation, equipment etc.) to operate as effectively as possible, liaising with the external IT service provider.
- Manage leases for office accommodation and equipment, liaising with the landlord and external service providers.
- Advise on and coordinate required repairs and maintenance, providing estimates of costs to senior managers where required.
- Support and train staff when necessary to make best use of the organisation’s resources and to implement agreed systems.
- Ensure the provision of high quality and cost-effective support for internal and external services. Ensure implementation of the organisation’s Environmental Policy, implementing new initiatives to reduce waste and energy consumption where necessary.
4. Line management of administrative roles
- Manage the Finance Administrator and Operations Administrator in accordance with HENRY’s supervision, appraisal and employment policies
- Enable optimum staff performance and development
- Ensure effective working across the team
- Ensure that administrative roles fulfil their responsibilities to support effective team and organisational functioning
5. General responsibilities for all staff
- Build respectful relationships, understanding the impact of your behaviour on others and being willing to adapt it when necessary.
- Work effectively as a member of the team by consulting and sharing information with colleagues, managing your time to meet deadlines and preparing for meetings.
- Comply with all organisational policies and procedures.
- Support own development through on-going reading, research and supervision
- Other duties and responsibilities as negotiated with the post holder.
For further information and to apply, please visit the HENRY website by clicking the apply now button and downloading an application pack or to request a hard copy contact Alex on 01865 302973 or write to HENRY, 8 Elm Place, Old Witney Road, Eynsham, Oxon, OX29 4BD
Closing date for completed applications: Monday 17th October 2016 at 9am