Project Co-ordinator – Volunteer Project Assistant programme
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating our client's professional level work experience programme based on a successful model that operated for two decades between 1993 -2014. The aim of the programme is to provide graduates with the opportunities to develop the skills that will enable them to move and progress into employment. The structure of the programme has evolved over the years but the basic concept remains the same – to break the cycle faced by many graduates of no job = no experience = no job.
1. Lead on project planning, reporting and management under the guidance of a senior manager.
2. Co-ordinate the Volunteer Project Assistant programme to help meet or exceed the targeted project outputs; ensuring that this is done in a timely manner, to the required quality, on budget and in line with funder guidelines.
3. Responsible for co-ordinating volunteer recruitment, including liaising with a range of Universities, Jobcentre Plus and other partners.
4. Arrange an induction programme for all volunteers.
5. Ensure recruited volunteers are appropriately matched with volunteer positions.
6. Work closely with volunteers and their line managers to offer on-going support, advice and direction regarding volunteer management practices.
7. Coordinating delivery and quality assurance at the three Groundwork Trusts in Greater Manchester.
8. Ensure placements meet agreed standards using audit, observation and feedback.
9. Lead teams of graduate volunteers in group tasks.
10. Responsibility for the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects and the day-to-day liaison with project funders and key partners.
The Graduate Volunteer Project Assistant (VPA) programme is part-funded by the European Social Fund.
To be considered for this role, please apply today.
Closing date: Monday 3rd October - 5pm. Provisional interview date: Monday 10th October.
More jobs like this
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Fundraising jobs in Manchester
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Campaigning jobs in Manchester
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Administration jobs in Manchester
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Business Development & Commercial jobs in Manchester
- Full Time Environment / Conservation Finance & Legal jobs in Manchester