Business and operations manager
6 days left
- Contract Type
Purpose of the job
This post is responsible for ensuring that Bond is run efficiently and in a high quality manner. This has a strategic dimension, which includes leading on transformational infrastructure projects and on an ongoing basis making incremental improvements. There is also an operational element to the role, with responsibility for working across Bond to ensure that IT, HR, office management and financial work is delivered to a high standard. The overall aim is to increase accountability and efficiency in the way Bond does its business.
Organisational governance and management support
- Logistical support to the board of Trustees to ensure smooth governance of Bond.
- Governance lead to the Annual General Meeting and Board elections
- Management of the operations assistant to deliver support to the CEO and the rest of the Management Team
- Organisation of internal communications
- Helping to manage and drive Bond’s annual business cycle – working with senior management, staff, Board, members and other stakeholders.
Ongoing business management
- Responsibility for overview of all Bond’s supplier contracts, relationships, and development both on short term work and ongoing; delegated as appropriate to others.
- Management of the physical office infrastructure including the Conference Room through the line management of an Operations support post.
- Ownership and maintenance of the staff handbook.
- Oversight and management of Bond’s trainee scheme, including reviewing and reformulating the scheme initially and tracking progress on a longer term basis.
- Contributing to the adoption of cultural changes within Bond in areas like planning, project management accountability, and the move towards different team members working with each other.
Project management and accountability support
- Leading on transforming Bond’s Project management systems to better link with finance system and planning and to further develop project based management systems.
- Ongoing support to project managers in Bond - coaching training and supporting them to increase financial, and programmatic accountability.
- Ongoing responsibility for managing financial information available to project managers.
- Leading on the annual planning and the collation of the 1/4ly reporting and re-planning. Task management of trainees to collate the different strategic objectives’ reports.
Bond has an external supplier of HR services. We are also beginning to implement an on-line HR system. The post holder will be responsible for:
- Management of the implementation of new online HR system.
- Management of the operations assistant to keep HR system and records up to date.
- To act as the primary point of contact with the HR suppliers.
- To work with Dir BSF to keep policies up to date and ensure compliance
IT and Data Policy Management
- Leading on the integration of business and IT systems.
- Reviewing of Bond’s IT support, hardware and software licenses – ensuring we have appropriate server, supplier, printing, hardware capacity.
- Responsibility for IT infrastructure and its continued function (mostly through steer and delegation to Ops assistant).
- Key liaison with external IT support provider.
- Support to the data protection policy and be the key point of contact on data protection operations.
Ad hoc project management responsibilities and external representation
With strong skills in project management the post holder will be asked take on specific project responsibilities such as:
- Project coordination of large cross team fundraising bids.
- Infrastructure and organisational improvement projects.
- Support to Grant Management and donor reporting
Skills and competencies
- Strong project management skills
- Experience of managing supplier contracts for IT related services
- Strong Excel skills
- Good IT skills (use of on-line systems)
- Budget management
- Experience of using and managing components of a CRM (Bond used Salesforce)
- Managing grants and contracts, ideally some of which has been within international development sector
In order to deliver this role both happily and effectively, you will be:
- A desire to see systems implemented
- An attitude of continuous improvement in an office context
- A commercial approach to work
- Engaging, being able to communicate with people at all levels
- Assertive, can make your views known in a clear and confident way
- Clear thinker, able to prioritise
- Reliable, will meet deadlines
- Convincing, able to influence across the organisation
- Able to work collaboratively, however will take the lead where appropriate
- Confident in delegating within a team environment
- An eye for efficiency
- Natural commercial acumen, able to both devise and deliver grants and contracts in an economically sound way
Apply for Business and operations manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly