- Contract Type
Up to £40,000 per annum | 35 hours per week
Fixed-term for 9 months
Asthma UK is looking for an experienced and proactive Management Accountant with drive and enthusiasm to provide support to stakeholders in their decision making through timely provision of management accounts and other financial analysis. You will play a critical role in ensuring a smooth year-end closure and provide support as we review our internal processes on recording revenue.
If you’ve got excellent customer service, communication and technical accounting skills, an understanding of the peculiarities of charity accounting and has superb attention to detail this is the job for you. You would need to have worked in a finance department before and be highly numerate. You will have supported the year end process and have worked with computerised Financial Systems and Fundraising Databases. You also need to be a great relationship builder - in particular with internal finance and fundraising colleagues – where you’ll need to be a great advocate and advertisement for Asthma UK. This is a critical role, joining a key charity at an exciting stage of our growth and development.
What the role involves:
- Building strong relationships with budget holders and resolving queries and support requests for financial information
- Supporting the year end process by taking ownership and ensuring assigned tasks are completed in time for the end of year audit
- Lead the process for reviewing our internal procedures as we look at our financial system
- Maintaining a clean balance sheet, ensuring balance sheet accounts are reconciled routinely on a timely basis.
You will need to:
- Possess good technical accounting skills
- Be a confident self-starter with good Numeracy skills and Attention to detail
- Have good communication and relationship building skills
- Be at home carrying out complex reconciliations
- Hands-on experience of working with accounting software package (preferably Sun account)
- Be Computer literate – strong Excel and word processing skills
- Possess Good knowledge of general bookkeeping and accounting procedures
- Have excellent Time management skills
- An excellent team player
Come and make a difference!
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Although asthma affects 1 in 5 households in the UK it is, mistakenly, seen to be ‘sorted’. It’s not. In the UK today, every 10 seconds someone has a potentially fatal asthma attack. Every day the lives of three families are devastated by the death of a loved one to an asthma attack. Tragically, the majority of these could be prevented right now with the right basic care. Others still suffer with asthma so severe current treatments don’t work. This has to change. That’s why Asthma UK exists.
This is a great place to work!
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey reports that although we have a decidedly high performance culture, it’s probably the friendliest place most people have worked with great opportunities for development. So, if you have a talent and passion for service excellence and the ability to lead and inspire a motivated team, we’d love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply please visit the Asthma UK website or click on the Apply link now!
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 27 September 2016 at 9am.
Interviews will be held shortly afterwards.