Fundraising Development Manager
A hospice, based in Essex, is seeking an experienced direct marketer to take responsibility for the development and implementation of the individual giving/direct marketing programme.
In addition, the post will oversee the Corporate, Community and Events fundraising functions, including supervision of relevant staff members.
- To develop a comprehensive individual giving programme and take ultimate responsibility for the development and growth of all fundraising activities relating to individual giving and direct mail.
- To oversee the development, testing and running of all individual giving activities to ensure they offer tailored donor journeys and maximise the lifetime value of all donors
- To lead on fundraising aspects of all direct mail appeals by working closely with the communications department.
- To ensure all areas of fundraising within the post's remit meet income and expenditure targets and to develop long term strategies for success.
- To ensure all areas of fundraising work efficiently and effectively for the benefit of the hospice, making sure the correct resources are deployed for each project / role.
- To work with the Director of Income Generation to develop a three year overall fundraising strategy.
- To work with team members to formulate strategies to develop their income streams and to ensure the best return on investment.
- To provide effective management of the fundraising team to ensure staff have the skill set and attitudes necessary to research and implement commercially viable activities to achieve financial targets. Ensuring there is adherence to strict expenditure budgets
You will have the following skills and experience:
- individual giving/direct marketing.
- Knowledge of other fundraising income streams
- Solid team management experience including staff appraisal and supervisions. Including an ability to create a strong team, a supportive and proactive atmosphere where team members are encouraged to work hard and enjoy themselves.
- Managing a number of complex projects at any one time
- Marketing fundraising projects to identified target audiences.
- Managing and reporting on significant income, expenditure budgets and cash flow, and producing fundraising ratios for relevant activities and key performance indicators.
- Proven ability to develop long term income generation activities.
- Ability to travel with own transport. Full valid driving licence.
Apply for Fundraising Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly