Multi Media Editor
Exciting opportunity for a Multi Media Editor to lead an international campaigning charity in developing compelling content that bears witness to human rights and environmental abuses caused by the exploitation of natural resources.
- Create audience-focused content using video, images and audio
- Oversee production, editing and distribution of videos from beginning to end
- Repackage and distribute our visual content to maximise its use across our channels and ensure value for money
- Respond rapidly to the external environment and generate ideas about the type of content our audiences will relate to, particularly on social media
- Be creative in how we use film across social media and in helping train our teams to generate social media content where appropriate
- Source, negotiate and buy images and footage as necessary.
- Ensure we have the right equipment and that teams or freelancers understand how to use it and treat it with care
- Monitor the performance of our visual content and adapt our approach to ensure value for money
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong editorial judgement, especially in relation to visual content, and the ability to identify to identify opportunities and risks.
- Ability to spot a story, and tailor multi-media content for different outlets and channels.
- Experience of commissioning photographers and multi-media journalists and managing agencies to produce newsworthy content, accompanied by a great contacts book.
- Understanding of the risks involved in gathering content in often insecure environments.
- Ability to project manage multimedia projects from conception, through content gathering, production and distribution to media partners.
- Track record of pitching and placing film and photographic content in news/online/pr outlets.
- Strong journalistic and production skills, including ability to take photographs and edit footage to be placed on media outlets and turn around strong written material to deadline.
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Final Cut Pro, and experience of working with other multi-media production programmes such as Aperture or Lightroom.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to set priorities, manageable work plans and evaluate progress.