Director of Communications
Director of Communications
The PSP Association is the only charity in the UK dedicated to supporting people with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) or Cortico Basal Degeneration (CBD).
We offer support and information to people living with PSP and CBD, while funding and promoting research into treatments and ultimately a cure for these conditions.
Our aim is that people affected by PSP and CBD do not feel they have to face the future alone. We offer support through our Helpline and Information Services, Local Groups, a wide range of Resources and Publications and through the funding of Research.
JOB TITLE: Director of Communications
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Executive
SALARY: £40,000 per annum
HOURS: Full time with occasional unsocial hours
HOLIDAYS: 28 days per year plus statutory
LOCATION: Towcester, Northamptonshire
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To lead on the development of the communications function and take responsibility for its day-to-day running.
- Develop, implement and monitor Communication across the Charity and work closely with colleagues, including the Chief Executive and Board, to ensure we communicate effectively to a broad target audience.
- Develop, implement & monitor the public relations, marketing and digital media work to enhance the profile of PSPA.
- To work with other senior manager colleagues and the Board to develop a new strategy for the organisation.
- To set and work within an agreed communications budget.
- Lead in the development of communications ensuring they are in line with the overall aims and objectives of PSPA.
- Monitor and review the communications strategy
- Regularly review Communications to ensure effective delivery of objectives and report to the Chief Executive on plans, achievements and objectives
- With colleagues prioritise key areas of communication to ensure key messages are delivered.
- Take the lead in utilizing social media as an integral communications and marketing tool.
- Lead on external relations and coverage in the key media for the organisation, to develop an increased presence in key media.
- Managing any issues/crisis management situations that occur.
- Set high professional standards, good practice and clear identity across all form of printed and digital media.
- Manage the publication and production of PSPA digital and printed materials so as to ensure they are produced to schedule and within budget.
- Develop and manage marketing campaign, products and services to existing and new target markets, in consultation with other teams.
- Further develop the PSPA website and other digital channels to ensure consistency of brand and optimising user involvement.
- Lead on production of key publications including the Annual Report and Annual Review.
- Lead on the Association’s annual Awareness Week.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Experience of working in the Third Sector is desirable.
- Experience of developing and managing media relations.
- Knowledge of developing and managing website and social media communications.
- Knowledge and experience of using relevant communications software.
- Experience of managing production of high quality written communications.
- A positive, can do attitude and flexible approach.
Apply for Director of Communications
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly