Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
3 days left
- Contract Type
Hospitals’ charity Above & Beyond is recruiting a 12 month maternity cover for our Marketing Manager. This is an exciting time as we finish a major appeal and look to the future. Raising our profile is fundamental to driving income and this team is pivotal to our success.
The successful candidate will be a talented and committed Marketing Manager with a flair for creativity and marketing plus excellent strategic planning, communication and project management skills. You will develop marketing materials and manage campaigns to drive income and raise our profile. You will be responsible for our website and all social media.
Above & Beyond fundraises for Bristol’s city centre hospitals. We have a passion for improving patient experience and enhancing healthcare in Bristol and the South West and belief in the cause will be fundamental to your work.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Amanda Callard, Director of Income Generation, at Above & Beyond, Blackfriars, Bristol, BS1 2NZ or Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon Wednesday 28 September. Interviews Wednesday 5 October. For an informal discussion please email or call Amanda on 0117 3700 482 or Sarah Moore, current Manager, on 0117 370 0844.
Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover) Job Description
Direct Reports: Press and PR Specialist and volunteers
Responsible to: Director of Income Generation
To work with the Press and PR Specialist to develop and ensure effective delivery of the charity’s marketing and communication plans to raise the charity’s profile to drive income and achieve our fundraising targets. Your role is to creatively advise and support the work of the fundraising team by project managing the development and production of print and on-line marketing materials and campaigns to retain and increase key income streams and support.
- Line manage the Press and PR Specialist ensuring they receive the support they need to fulfil their role and achieve agreed objectives.
- Working with the Director of Income Generation, develop the marketing and communications strategy and oversee its implementation supported by Annual Action Plans and Budgets.
- Develop and deliver creative on-line social media strategies and campaigns to support fundraising objectives.
- Manage the charity’s website and SEO of online content ensuring it’s our key communication channel. Write engaging content to ensure the website inspires local and regional communities to provide support by fundraising, donating, taking part in events or volunteering.
- Daily management of social media marketing activities focussing on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and identify new channels to increase engagement and growth.
- Reach out to new audiences using appropriate tone of voice to build our social media presence.
- Produce e-newsletters appropriate for a variety of audiences which generate support by writing engaging and compelling copy with strong calls to action.
- Work with partners to promote the charity on external websites.
- Monitor national campaigns and trends to tailor for charity campaigns to reach and engage a wide range of audiences.
- Produce print newsletters appropriate for a variety of audiences which generate support by writing engaging and compelling copy with strong calls to action ensuring consistency of message, content and style.
- Create marketing materials, posters, leaflets and flyers, for existing and new products, activities, events and audiences, to support fundraising needs.
- Manage relationships with a wide range of third party suppliers.
- Manage the image library ensuring it is up to date and easy to use.
- Identify opportunities to promote the charity to a wider range of audiences which inspire support and increase fundraising. Provide materials and displays for charity events and hospital open days.
UHBristol (University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust)
- Work with UHB Communications Team to develop and increase the charity’s presence in the hospitals, the UHB website, Connect and its e-bulletin, Newsbeat and other publications to ensure UHB communications work effectively to build profile and awareness with key target audiences.
- Take responsibility for the strategic creative development and implementation of Above & Beyond’s corporate identity and branding by interpreting Above & Beyond’s mission statement and core values into strong visual images and effective copy.
- Act as the Brand Guardian and define standards and guidelines over the use of the logo, images and tone of voice, and ensure that these are complied with.
- Work with the Press and PR Specialist to ensure consistent use of our brand.
- Work with the Press and PR Specialist to build strategic media partnerships.
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of all marketing materials, using google analytics and similar, and review regularly making changes as necessary to ensure strong return on investment.
- To provide cover for the Press and PR Specialist during periods of absence and holiday.
- Work to continually improve internal processes to ensure they are effective and fit for purpose.
Due to the dynamic nature of the sector we work in, job descriptions are subject to review. Jobholders are expected to be flexible and may be required to undertake duties which are not described in those above. Reviews will be undertaken when necessary by line managers in consultation with post holders.
The charity’s normal working hours are 37 hours a week, but sometimes it will be necessary to be flexible due to specific deadlines or the nature of our fundraising activity.
The staff work as a team and, as a small team, we expect all our staff to support each other and have the flexibility to get involved in activities as and when it is needed and appropriate.
Health and safety
Under the provisions contained in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, it is the duty of every employee to:
- take reasonable care of themselves and for others at work
- to co-operate with the Charity as far as is necessary to enable them to carry out their legal duty
- not to intentionally or recklessly interfere with anything provided including personal protective equipment for Health and Safety or welfare at work.
The Working Time Regulations 1998
You are required to comply with the policy on implementation of the Working Time Regulations, including declaration of hours worked and breaks taken, completing written records if required, and reporting any instances where your pattern of working hours may constitute a health and safety risk to yourself, patients, the public and other employees. You have the right not to be subjected to any unlawful detriment by reporting any concerns under the Regulations.
You are required to disclose any additional work you undertake or are planning to undertake for another employer. The Charity will permit you to undertake this additional work providing the Trustees are satisfied that this does not conflict with the interests of the organisation, performance of your normal duties or with the requirements of the Working Time Regulations.
Skills, knowledge, education, experience
Demonstrable track record of developing and delivering marketing campaigns and materials to drive income and awareness showing use of creativity and new ideas.
Demonstrable understanding and appreciation of the motivations of donors, supporters and volunteers.
Wide knowledge of marketing techniques and concepts with particular experience of social media.
Ability to think strategically, develop strategies and operational plans.
Ability to develop integrated communications and marketing plans with a good understanding of the media.
Written and co-ordinated a wide range of targeted on-line and print marketing collateral.
Excellent written and language skills with proven ability to write engaging and compelling copy aimed at different audiences.
Project management skills and committed to high quality service delivery.
Innovative and creative thinker with a good eye for design publicity image aesthetics and the ability to critically appraise.
Proficiency at managing website content management system.
Ability to work on own initiative, self-directed and motivated.
Well organised, able to prioritise and manage time effectively and work to tight deadlines.
Ability to build relationships quickly and work as the creative element of a team.
Willingness to support a holistic communications approach across the organisation and implement an integrated approach.
Fastidious attention to detail and commitment to quality.
Dynamic, innovative and adaptable approach to all tasks.
A flexible “can-do”, proactive, enthusiastic and approachable style.
Experience of working in a health related organisation
Experience of working in the charity sector, ideally in a health based charity.
Relevant marketing qualification.
Apply for Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly