EDUCATION ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
7 days left
- Contract Type
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 depending on experience plus commission package
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week & on occasion such reasonable hours as may be required for the proper performance of the duties (including work in the evenings and at weekends).
Location: Home based, London
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful Education Business Development Team. The Education Account Executive will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities in the London area whilst also maintaining close contact with existing accounts. The individual will be responsible for securing repeat, extension and new business working to an agreed annual revenue target. It is vital that the individual works as part of the wider UK Education team, attending regular meetings and conferences across the country. The role will involve making appointments with key contacts in order to secure business and ensuring accurate bookings on the CRM system. You will be home based with extensive travel across the London area, regular travel to Head Office at Hackthorpe Hall near Penrith and some occasional travel to our residential centres.
- Develop and maintain the existing client base from the school and college market in the London area.
- Arrange and develop own sales appointments for school, client and prospect meetings.
- Deliver high quality presentations in schools to pupils, parents and teachers, including evening work.
- Manage incoming enquiries from Schools, Colleges and youth groups via e-mail, telephone and in person, gathering information and preparing quotes and proposals.
- Take specifications for bespoke courses where and when required, liaising with relevant delivery centre for development of programme.
- Accurately recording customer information using a CRM system.
- Checking availability and liaising with the centre with regards to short lead time bookings, ensuring that mix of groups is appropriate. Maximising centre capacity at all times.
- Process bookings from point of sale through to contracting.
- Liaise with Customer Services to request contracts and deposit invoices.
- Liaise with Customer Services with requests for bookings for coach/steamer transfers.
- Manage all outstanding provisional bookings/contracts using weekly provisional booking report.
- Manage customer accounts by building relationships and developing extensions sales and follow up sales.
- Develop own mini marketing campaigns for the London area.
- Responsible for allocating restricted bursary in target geography and unrestricted bursary along with the rest of the sales team.
- Ensuring clients accurately complete financial assistance application form.
- Maintain contact and share appropriate information with all OBA’s (Volunteer network) within own area.
- Sharing of intelligence relating to Education profile of the London area
- Support national marketing and fundraising activity.
- Attend Taster courses and exhibitions as required.
- Minimum 3 years’ previous sales experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in the Education System.
- A strong communicator, able to present with gravitas about the work of the Trust.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good PC literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Good time management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and with flexibility in order to respond to priorities.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work with wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills
- Sense of humour
- Experience within the charitable or social enterprise sector
- A knowledge of and interest in our outdoor learning methodology and impact
Salary and benefits
- Basic starting salary £26,000 -£32,000 (dependent on relevant experience) + Commission & Company Car
- Annual Leave of 24 days (increasing annually up to 30 days, plus bank holidays).
- Life Assurance: 3 x salary, covered from start date; includes Employee Assistance helpline.
- 8 weeks’ sick pay at full salary in any 12 months.
- Long-term Disability Insurance: 2/3 salary less state incapacity benefit after 6 months’ absence for up to 5 years, covered from start date.
- Personal Accident Insurance while at work or commuting.
- Choice of private healthcare (currently BUPA) or cash plan: on application after completion of probation; taxable benefit.
- Contributory Pension Scheme (currently Standard Life): auto-enrolment after 3 months service.
- Berghaus uniform items provided. Also opportunity to purchase Berghaus products at discount.
- Discounted course fees for family members to attend Outward Bound Trust courses after 12 months service.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
There is a 3-month probationary period from the employee’s start date.
How to apply
To apply for this post please send a covering letter of not more than 1 side of A4, explaining your fit to the job description and the person specification, together with an up to date CV, by Monday 3rd October 2016 to email@example.com or post to Sarah Steadman, The Outward Bound Trust, Hackthorpe Hall, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 2HX
If you have any queries please contact Sarah Steadman either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01931 740022
First interviews will take place Monday 10th October in London
Apply for EDUCATION ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly