Director of Fundraising and Communications
Job title: Director of Fundraising and Communications
Salary: Circa £60K dependent on experience
We are working in partnership with an international children’s charity providing specialist health services in Africa, Asia and Central America. They have a unique twinning approach with a network of international hospitals and volunteer specialists with teams on the ground to improve the health of children around the world to make a lasting difference.
The charity is now seeking to appoint a Director of Fundraising and Communications to lead, motivate and inspire the team to increase both income and awareness of the charity. As a key member of the Senior Management Team, you will be an ambitious and creative individual with a clear vision, be able to deliver exceptional account management and thrive on identifying, approaching and securing income from new and creative sources both in the UK and overseas. You will be responsible for revising and implementing the Fundraising Strategy in order to increase income across the fundraising portfolio.
Key elements of the role:
• A proven track record of personally generating significant levels of income using a wide range of fundraising tools and techniques
• To be a ‘hands-on’ fundraiser driving new business from individuals, organisations and through events
• A proven track record of leading and developing a team to increase income and awareness
• Experience of inspiring, persuading and motivating donors, supporters and staff
• A track record of setting, managing and accurately re-forecasting budgets
• The ability to create, deliver and report back on complex funding projects, with a good understanding of the strategic, financial and practical implications
You will have exceptional communication, negotiation and presentation skills and display empathy and diplomacy surrounding the issues of children’s health. You will be a leader and clear decision maker and display sound financial and business acumen. A willingness to travel within the UK and abroad is also required from time to time.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Director,
Charisma Charity Recruitment, email@example.com quoting our reference 1609-7
Closing date for applications: 22 September 2016