Ministry and Congregational Support Officer
To manage General Assembly policies and processes relating to ministerial matters and provide provide support, including advice on governance, volunteering, buildings and financial sustainability.
- Service and administer the Ministry Strategy Group, in conjunction with the Group Chair
- Service and administer the Interview Panel, in conjunction with the Panel Chair, including preparation for interviews.
- Manage the Ministerial Vacancies List and advise congregations on appointment processes, including visits to congregations.
- Administration and processing of Ministry training applications including planning the annual cycle and managing all aspects of the process.
- Manage the mentor programme.
- Manage the GA Rolls of Ministers, Lay Pastors and Approved Lay Leaders ensuring these are available to be inspected by the Ministry Strategic Group at each January meeting.
- Administer the Unitarian Ministerial Students Fund
- Ensure that the Guidelines for Partnership, and other relevant policies, are reviewed.
- Organise consultations concerning ministry issues as requested by Ministry Strategy Group and/or Executive Committee, including liaison with the Ministerial Fellowship, Unitarian Association of Lay Ministry and others.
- Oversee Safeguarding requirements for Ministers, Lay Pastors and Ministerial Students in line with statutory requirements.
- Respond to queries about ministry issues from both Ministers and congregations
12. Provide advice to congregational and district association officers on governance, fund-raising and financial opportunities.
13. Encourage and support the role of the volunteer within the Unitarian Movement nationally, at district level and locally.
14. Promote and manage the Volunteer Pool established by the General Assembly.
15. Implement and oversee appropriate policies and procedures relating to volunteers
16. Support initiatives on sustainability of buildings
To apply please contact MHennis@unitarian.org.uk for further information and an application form
Closing date 10 October 2016