Marketing & Communications Director
Marketing and Communications Director
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience
- To develop and implement a marketing and communication strategy supporting the work of the Hospice including fundraising, retail and patient services.
- In partnership with the CEO and Executive Team contribute to the overall strategic aims and objectives of the Hospice.
- To manage the day to day activities within the Marketing and Communications department.
- Ensure Key messages an announcements are communicated effectively to supporters, staff and volunteers.
- To actively promote and raise the profile of the Hospices through clear and wide messaging.
- To work within the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Woking and Sam Beare Hospices.
- To lead on the delivery of Hospice publications, as well as promotional and marketing materials and plans to support fundraising including retail, volunteer services and patient services.
- Working closely with colleagues across the organisation to deliver planned, integrated campaigns to maximise awareness and to support income generation strands.
- To work closely with the Hospice managers within the Fundraising team, as well as the Hospice Executive Team.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of a 12 month PR plan to support awareness and fundraising activities, introducing ways to track conversion
- Increasing WSBH profile across various media (traditional and new)
- Edit and approve press releases, features and case studies issued to the media/used in marketing channels
- Ensure effective media monitoring and that coverage is evaluated and reported in a timely manner
- Develop a PR and marketing plan to promote education, research and service innovation and events to the professional and medical media improving awareness and reputation.
- Oversee the development, recording and stewardship of case studies, celebrities and spokespeople and liaise with them as required
- Write engaging copy for the Hospice’s annual report, key leaflets and marketing materials coordinating SMT/Board input and overseeing the design and production process
- Oversee the development and management of the Hospice image library
- Work closely with service colleagues and patient representatives to support the development of patient and carer information, both print and online
- Write content and coordinate the design of internal communications to staff and volunteers, working closely with the HR and Voluntary Services Director.
- Working with other senior colleagues to lead the development of effective communications with the statutory sector - CCGs, GPs, Trusts, and Local Authorities etc.
- Act as brand manager and guardian to ensure consistency and quality in all outputs.
- Create and implement delivery of consistent key messages about the work of WSBH to its stakeholders and target markets
- Embed sign-off processes across the charity to ensure consistency of identity and tone of voice
Awareness and fundraising campaigns
- Work closely with fundraising, retail and service colleagues to shape integrated fundraising and awareness campaigns and lead the planning and deliver of such activities
- Work closely with the fundraising team including retail to devise marketing plans and then review delivery to improve effectiveness
Digital and internal communications
- Developing effective and efficient web and digital communications
- Editing and proofing web copy, e-communications and online resources, as required
- Lead on the development of new visual resources (DVDs, slideshows etc.) to describe the work of the Hospice in a compelling and sensitive way to enhance awareness and support.
- Develop a social media strategy.
- Develop a strategy for accurate and consistent internal communications
- Be an active and positive member of the Executive Team providing communications advice and counsel to the Executive Team and attend Board meetings as required throughout the year.
- Lead by example, ensuring the Hospice’s values are demonstrated in all work and create constructive and productive working relationships involving staff in planning
- Develop a culture of confidence for all staff to be active to promote the fundraising requirements of Hospice, ensuring they have the necessary information and materials, confidence and training, to promote the need for sustainable funds
- Lead and supervise the marketing communications team effectively and report on the team’s achievements in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide regular marketing and financial reports for analysis, ensuring effective management, and provide regular KPI’s to demonstrate progress against the M&C plan
- Carry out staff appraisals and performance reviews
- Manage, report and reforecast budgets and participate in annual budget setting cycle
- Manage external suppliers as required
- Be innovative and creative in the design and presentation of reports to Management, to generate a sense of awareness and realism in the performance reported.
- Attend and participate in all managerial meetings as required.
- Attend Executive team meetings on a weekly basis and communicate relevant matters and updates to and about each department.
Training and Development Team
- To ensure the Marketing and Communications team receive appropriate training and development to assist them in their individual and team roles in order to improve efficiency and team morale;