Location: Godalming, Surrey – UK
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £30k (Dependent on Experience)
Help transform billions of lives. Including yours.
Compassion in World Farming is a leading global farm animal welfare organisation campaigning to bring an end to factory farming and to implement the highest animal welfare standards in Europe and beyond.
We lead a growing worldwide movement of people concerned about how industrial agriculture mistreats animals, wastes precious resources and utterly fails to meet the needs of the planet’s inhabitants.
With headquarters in the UK and offices in France, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Belgium and the USA, we are an influential organisation whose supporters and partners throughout the world help us deliver on our initiatives. With Brexit around the corner, it is important that farm animal protection remains high on the political agenda.
We are therefore looking for an experienced Campaigns Manager with an innovative, strategic approach to play a key role in expanding our campaigns work in the UK by maximising the impact of CIWF public campaigns. You will lead priority campaigns and be part of the team supporting our flagship priorities of ‘End the Cage Age’ and ‘Farmageddon’ along with other significant campaigns of labelling, antibiotics and transport and other strategic initiatives involving projects across departments both in the UK and beyond and with external organisations ensuring that planning, delivery and reporting are in accordance with organisational requirements.
This exciting post requires a person with excellent project management skills and the ability to work efficiently with internal and external stakeholders and to cope with a wide range of tasks.
Key responsibilities for the Campaign Manager role include:
- Construct imaginative and effective campaigns inspiring colleagues, members of the public and other organisations.
- Develop effective working relationships with all members of the Campaigns Team, Fundraising Team, Food Business Team and our European offices in order to be able to plan, implement and manage successful campaigns.
- Liaise effectively with our Supporter Engagement Team to ensure that we provide an excellent service to our supporters.
- Develops and nurtures good working relationships with volunteers and active supporters and provide supervision of volunteers in the office or during external events.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders (e.g. NGOs, industry representatives, celebrities).
- Liaise with Trustees / Directors and third parties as required.
This is a crucial post in the organisation which requires a passionate, experienced and creative campaigner who is able to construct imaginative and effective campaigns and join an inspiring and motivated team.
Our ideal candidate will be educated to degree level or have equivalent knowledge gained in a similar position with a proven track record of leading and implementing successful campaigns along with a good knowledge of UK political institutions. It is also desirable that you have a knowledge of farm animal welfare issues. Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail are also key requirements for this position.
Please note that we reserve the right to commence interviews on a rolling programme.
You may have experience of the following: Campaign Manager, Animal Welfare, Farming, Charity, Charities, Campaign Management, Lobbying, Lobbyist, Third Sector, EU, Project Manager, Public Affairs, Animal Rights, Legislation, Project Management etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.