Director of Finance and Operations
Russam GMS is proud to be partnering with The Children's Trust in their search for a new Director of Finance and Operations.
The Children’s Trust is the UK's leading charity for children with brain injury; giving children with brain injury the opportunity to live the best life possible. They provide information and support to thousands of children and their families annually, through healthcare, education, therapy and research. They are known for their high level of expertise and experience in meeting the needs of children and young people with acquired brain injury, neuro disabilities and complex health needs.
The Director of Finance & Operations will be joining the team at The Children’s Trust during an exciting time as they implement an ambitious strategy from 2017 that will enable them to reach more children affected by brain injury than ever before.
Reporting to the Chief Executive as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Director of Finance and Operations will ensure the provision of consistent, robust and expert financial advice to the Chief Executive and other SLT colleagues, together with effective leadership of Facilities and Operations. They will provide an effective management service to the Charity and act as the leading interface between management and Trustees on financial matters.
The Director of Finance and Operations will support the Chief Executive, SLT and Board of Trustees in planning and delivering a strong and sustainable financial future for the organisation, whilst seeking ways to maximise profitability and reduce financial risk in the short and medium term. They will maintain robust financial controls and devise and implement appropriate policies across Finance and Operations.
Other areas of responsibility will cover Finance & Operational Delivery, Team Management & Development, Company Secretarial & Governance, Health & Safety, Facilities Management and Procurement.
This role is based at The Children's Trust head office in Tadworth.
For further details and a thorough explanation of the duties and responsibilities for this role, please refer to the candidate pack.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrable breadth of experience of working at a senior level in a similar Finance & Operations position.
You must also be able to demonstrate:
- Education to degree level and qualified as an accountant with significant post qualification experience.
- A commercial background, balanced ideally with some experience within a charity, education or healthcare sector.
- Experience of managing change in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of managing significant budgets successfully; developing, delivering and monitoring financial strategy; along with preparing, monitoring and reporting budget and financial management information.
- Proven management experience in a strategic or operational context and leading and inspiring the team.
- Track record of delivering innovative cost improvement programmes.
- Evidence of integrating finance to a service driven business planning model.
The Children’s Trust are looking for a strategic and operational leader with a track record of leading and developing change programs in a fast paced environment. You must be resilient and remain calm in high pressurised situations, be highly skilled in negotiating, persuading and influencing and have the enthusiasm and ability to manage and motivate staff.
For more information on this role please download the Candidate Information Pack.
Closing date for applications is Monday 3rd October 2016.