Professional Lead – Health Services Engagement (South)
With 7 million people living with cardiovascular disease (CVD) in the UK, the British Heart Foundation's (BHF) mission is to win the fight against CVD through conducting credible research and utilising this to raise the profile of CVD and its prevention.
Working closely with the Head of the Health Services Engagement Team, you will be responsible for leading a team of Health Service Engagement Leads and Clinical Development Co-ordinators across London, the Midlands, South of England and Wales, to deliver high level engagement at the Health Services systems level.
It goes without saying that you will need an in depth understanding of the healthcare systems in England and Wales; adopting a systems leadership approach with senior internal and external stakeholders you will drive CVD as a clinical priority focus. You will simultaneously be raising awareness on CVD and using intelligence from senior clinical leaders to identify and influence current and future opportunities for CVD best practice development.
You will lead external clinical stakeholder engagement at the Health system and Health education system level, and will influence clinical providers and clinical education stakeholders responsible for strategic choice in development and delivery of CVD Best Practice.
* You will have a proven track record of senior clinical and/ or Clinical Education System level influencing for impact.
* A proven track record of high level clinical leadership
* Extensive knowledge or experience of the NHS and Social Care systems.
* You'll have significant senior leadership experience within the UK health system.
* Demonstrable experience of high impact influencing with senior (Exec Level) Health system clinical stakeholders at a National Strategic level.
* Experience of working in an acute and/or primary healthcare environment.
* Experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures.
* Experience of evaluation (directly or through commissioning external evaluation) the effectiveness of health care services.
* Experience of working with service users in the development of services.
Interviews will be held on 3rd and 4th October 2016
To apply for this vacancy please use the visit website button, to be re-directed to our job site and then follow the application route provided. Our process involves submitting your CV and a covering letter, which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role's criteria. Please note we will only accept applications via this method.