5 days left
- Contract Type
Giving Fundraiser (Membership, legacy and major donors)
Reporting to: Communications and Public Affairs Officer
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Based in our London offices, with travel
Annual leave: 23 Days
Application Deadline: 1pm Monday 3rd October
About the Patients Association: The Patients Association is a leading campaigning charity that champions patient and public issues across the health and social care sector. We work with NHS England, the Department of Health, NHS Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, regulators, patients, carers and the public and many other stakeholders, as well as the media to ensure the patient voice is heard and is at the top of the political agenda.
Objective: To create innovative campaigns to engage members and supporters in fundraising challenges, to manage and grow individual donations, to cultivate relationships with major donors and to promote the ‘leaving legacies’ donation option to support the long-term work of the Patients Association.
- Generate income through the identification and cultivation of major donors who have an affiliation or personal interest in the charity’s cause.
- Match prospects to relevant projects and strategically plan the most effective form of approach to engage appropriate prospects and donors on a one to one tailored basis.
- Develop strong personal relationships with donors and maintain regular contact with individuals.
- Promote the organisation’s ‘leave a legacy’ bequest, regular giving options and major donations options.
- Manage relationships with legacy donors and associated people, including solicitors, will executors, the family of the deceased, probate offices and co-beneficiaries.
- Oversee direct marketing campaigns to recruit, acquire, retain and develop income from individual one-off and regular givers.
- Compile and maintain a database of our donors and potential donors.
- Work with the Helpline team and Projects team to collate data and produce impact analysis reports.
- Work with the Communications and Public Affairs Officer to maintain the fundraising website pages and print literature.
- Undertake independent research to seek alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organisation.
- Organise, or provide assistance in organising, any fundraising events for the organisation.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilisation.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Shares the aims and values of The Patients Association.
- High standard of written English with the ability to produce concise and persuasive prose.
- Outgoing with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good research skills with attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving.
- Innovative with the ability to see yours (and others) ideas through to fruition.
- Friendly, approachable and works well under pressure.
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Can work to deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Be able to use own initiative and work autonomously.
- Have knowledge of the charity sector and the issues that face small charities.
- Experience of online fundraising, including maximising impact on social media and fundraising platforms.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of the charity fundraising environment.
- Good at building professional relationships with volunteers, regular givers and major donors.
- Experience of maintaining databases, writing reports and analysing organisational impact.
- Confident at using IT including Microsoft office packages.
- Have worked on individual giving in a previous role.
- Able to generate innovative and creative ideas for fundraising.
- Have previously worked on or supported the development of a fundraising strategy.
- Supporting and overseeing the work of junior team members or interns.
- Have previously worked in or with a small charity or in the voluntary sector.
- Has knowledge of the health and social care sector and understands the challenges facing this sector.
If you wish to apply, please email your curriculum vitae and one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying, and how you consider that you meet the person specification for this post.
Please note: We may appoint to this post before the deadline, if a suitable candidate is found.
Apply for Fundraiser
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly