Fundraiser (Trusts and Grants)
7 days left
- Contract Type
Position: Fundraiser (Trusts and Grants)
Reporting to: Communications and Public Affairs Officer
Salary: £25,000 – £26,000
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Based in our London offices, with some travel
Annual leave: 23 days
Application Deadline: 1pm Monday 3rd October
About the Patients Association: The Patients Association is a leading campaigning charity that champions patient and public issues across the health and social care sector. We work with NHS England, the Department of Health, NHS Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, regulators, patients, carers and the public and many other stakeholders, as well as the media to ensure the patient voice is heard and is at the top of the political agenda.
Objective: To identify and apply for fundraising opportunities with corporates, trusts and grant-giving organisations to support the long-term work of the Patients Association.
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify fundraising opportunities with corporates, trusts and grant-giving organisations.
- Write compelling bids and deliver pitches to win new grants, projects and partnership work with other organisations.
- Compile and maintain a database of our donor organisations and potential donors.
- Support the Projects and Public Affairs Assistant in maintaining relationships with existing corporate partners and respond to their requests regularly, update them about the work of the organisation and produce reports accordingly.
- Work with the Helpline team and Projects team to collate data and produce impact analysis reports.
- Work with the Projects and Public Affairs Assistant and Communications and Public Affairs Officer to identify potential corporate partners and agree new partnerships.
- Work with the Communications and Public Affairs Officer to maintain the fundraising website pages and print literature.
- Undertake independent research to seek alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organisation.
- Organise, or provide assistance in organising, any fundraising events for the organisation.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilisation.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Shares the aims and values of The Patients Association.
- High standard of written English with the ability to produce concise and persuasive prose.
- Outgoing with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good research skills with attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving.
- Innovative with the ability to see yours (and others) ideas through to fruition.
- Friendly, approachable and works well under pressure.
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Can work to deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Be able to use own initiative and work autonomously.
- Have knowledge of the charity sector and the issues that face small charities.
- Have an understanding and appreciation of the charity fundraising environment.
- Experience and success in writing compelling bids and delivering engaging pitches to charitable trusts and grant-giving organisations.
- Experience and success in securing new corporate partners.
- Good at building professional relationships with other organisations.
- Experience of maintaining databases, writing reports and analysing organisational impact.
- Confident at using IT including Microsoft office packages.
- Experience of online fundraising.
- Have worked on individual giving in a previous role.
- Have previously worked on or supported the development of a fundraising strategy.
- Supporting and overseeing the work of junior team members or interns.
- Have previously worked in or with a small charity or in the voluntary sector.
- Has knowledge of the health and social care sector and understands the challenges facing this sector.
If you wish to apply, please email your curriculum vitae and one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying, and how you consider that you meet the person specification for this post.
Please note: We may appoint to this post before the deadline, if a suitable candidate is found.
Apply for Fundraiser (Trusts and Grants)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly