Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
INASP is an international development charity working with a global network of partners in Africa, Latin America and South Asia to put research and knowledge at the heart of development. In line with this vision, we work to support developing country researchers and research institutions, international and local research publishers and government ministries and parliaments, to produce, share and use research and knowledge, which can transform lives.
In the role of Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, you will manage a small Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) team and provide direct support to M&E across INASP’s work.
INASP has a strong reputation as a critically reflective and analytical organisation. Your work as M&E Manager will uphold and strengthen this reputation, developing and implementing high quality M&E and learning processes alongside our programme teams. In addition, you will lead on the development of consultancy support services in M&E.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Evaluation, Learning and Communication
- Staff Management
- Manage, mentor and support the professional development of the M&E Officer so that they are thinking and acting at their best
- Actively manage staff performance, development and collegiality, addressing issues appropriately as they arise
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the M&E consultant(s) and identify new consultants and associates who can bring in additional expertise
- Manage and Support M&E and learning activities
- Manage and support the monitoring and evaluation of INASP’s programmes
- Communicate learning for internal and external audiences
- Manage M&E work plans and budget and ensure relevant log frame milestones and annual expenditure are achieved.
- Coordinate annual planning of M&E work and budget alongside the M&E officer(s), in conjunction with programme teams
- Manage and Support M&E officers in their work with programme teams as well as providing M&E support to programme teams directly as required
- Develop M&E & learning components for new programme proposals, including M&E budgets
- Support critical thinking and learning processes such as reflection and review processes, TOC development and clarification, use of project planning questions
- Manage relationships between M&E staff and programme teams
- Seek out and develop new M&E funding opportunities, for evaluations and other pieces of analysis work primarily within the area of capacity building in research communications.
You will have:
- Experience of managing M&E staff
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of M&E methodologies both quantitative and qualitative.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing M&E activities in a NGO or research setting
- Positive attitude to working with non M&E specialists and appreciation of the contribution others can make
- Strong people skills; considerable experience of collaborative work
- Willingness to travel up to 35 days per year within the UK and Internationally
Apply for Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly