5 days left
Since 1965 Sutton Vision has been providing services, advice and support to visually impaired people in the Sutton area, in that time the organisation, society and the services that visually impaired people want have changed radically and the commitment and enthusiasm of our dedicated trustee board has been essential in helping us rise to these challenges.
We now find ourselves at a crucial and exciting point in our development, where we need to decide the direction the charity will take for the future. Additionally, this against the backdrop of wide ranging changes to service provision for visually impaired people across London. To help us achieve our ambitious goals we are looking to expand our board significantly, bringing in new ideas, new perspectives and new skills.
We are keen to hear from a broad range of candidates in order to ensure that the board is representative and contains a broad spectrum of voices to contribute to a lively and energetic. All we ask of applicants is that you:
- Are able to think strategically and creatively
- Are able to devote the time to attend quarterly board meetings, additional board sub-committees, as well as having the time to read relevant information and prepare ahead of these meetings
- Have the skills and confidence to contribute to the governance of a charity
- Have an interest in and commitment to the aims of Sutton Vision
Additionally, we would be interested to see applications from people with specific skills and experience in the following areas:
- Fundraising / Business Development
- Human Resources / People Development
- Visual Impairment Services
- Management & Leadership
- Organisational Development
- Strategic Planning
For additional information on the role and how to apply, please find the attached role description (please note that a plain text version is attached for visually impaired applicants).
Also, please feel welcome to contact our retained recruitment consultant, Graham Drew of Bamboo Fundraising, on graham (at) bamboofundraising co uk.
Please note that the closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 3rd October.
Apply for Trustees
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly