Keystone Accountability is a not-for-profit that works to improve the effectiveness of organisations working in sustainable development by helping them harness feedback from the people they serve -- the primary constituents – and other stakeholders.
The Manono Shared Value Project is a long-term partnership between Keystone, the BeeBee Foundation, and Manomin, a mining company operating in Manono, in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Its initial phase is four years, and is being designed with a 20-year plus horizon in mind.
Manono, in Tanganyika Province, is emerging from over three decades of violent conflict. A recent period of stability in the region, however, has afforded a resurgence of international investment and a corresponding inflow of international aid and development activity. The mining company and its affiliated charitable foundation have invited Keystone to join with them and the Manono community to develop and implement long-term development programmes.
Keystone is recruiting one Project Coordinator (based in London) and two project staff based in Manono (one Project Manager and one Project Officer) to work with and for the Manono community to develop and run development programmes.
1. The London-based Project Coordinator will:
- Secure funding and manage relationships with donors and other international programme partners.
- Provide management support to field projects and their staff.
The successful candidate is likely to have a track record in securing and managing funds from institutional donors such as UK Aid (DFID), the EU, USAID and Sida.
2. The Manono based Project Manager will have 5-7 years work experience and will relish the opportunity to be based in Manono for a minimum of two years.
They will be responsible for implementing all aspects of the project’s development programmes in DRC.
They need experience in participatory development methodologies, project management, qualitative and quantitative research, and one or more technical domain skills such as public health, education, agriculture, livelihoods or water.
3. The Manono based Project Officer will be responsible for supporting the project manager. They will have 2-3 years relevant work experience.
For both DRC based roles the successful candidates must speak either French or Swahili and be willing to learn the other. Applicants with experience living and working in remote areas preferred.
The terms of employment include generous annual leave and periodic R&R, housing, flights home and health insurance.
For more details see: http://keystoneaccountability.org/about/jobopportunities/
To apply please send your updated CV and a covering letter of no more than 1000 words which includes a brief description of your relevant work experience to date as well as a section on what makes you best suited for the role. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Deadline for applications: 30th September 2016
More jobs like this
- Full Time Education Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Management jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education International Development jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Statutory Fundraising jobs in London (Central)
- Full Time Education Trusts & Foundations jobs in London (Central)