This job has now expired
We are looking for an energetic, results-driven individual to develop and deliver a business and fundraising strategy encompassing events, sponsorship and donor engagement.
Through the co-operative body Political Pixel, the successful applicant will be working to support the activities of three of the UK’s most high-profile political websites:Left Foot Forward, Political Scrapbook and LabourList.
A strong performance over the course of an initial seven-month contract is likely to result in a permanent position.
Your key responsibilities:
- Planning and securing sponsorship for a party conference programme, including organising receptions and policy events at Labour Party conference 2013.
- Managing other policy and fundraising events, including a regular series of fundraising dinners.
- Developing mutually-beneficial partnerships with organisations across the policy community, campaigns, media and the private sector.
- Developing a programme of online appeals for one-off and regular donations.
- Securing sponsorship and advertising revenue.
Your previous experience:
- A track record of delivering successful events
- Fundraising and donor relationship management
- Knowledge of basic invoicing and accounts administration
Full training can be given on the job, but knowledge/experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Web-based fundraising
- A working knowledge of UK politics and current affairs
- Familiarity with communications tools such as press releases, engagement with journalists etc
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter setting out why you meet our criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is 5pm on Monday 25 February. Applicants to role previously advertised as 'Business Development and Fundraising Manager' need not apply.