Fundraising and Communications Manager
ST. Werburghs City Farm is a green oasis in the heart of Bristol that connects people with the environment through education, training and play. Over the last 34 years the Farm has expanded across three sites and developed a unique range of services that welcome and engage with some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged residents. Our vision is to become a truly inspirational city-centre farm that welcomes and enables a diverse range of people to connect with animals, food, the land and each other. This will create a community that has more knowledge of where their food comes from, increased participation in their local environment, improved facilities for all to access, enhanced understanding and cohesion and better health and wellbeing. To do this, we are seeking a multi-skilled, enthusiastic and experienced person to become our Fundraising and Communications Manager.
1. Overall purpose of job
The post holder will be responsible for securing new funds and increasing income from existing streams to enable the Farm to enhance existing services, introduce new projects and develop fit-for-purpose facilities. In particular, they will:
- Maximise income from trusts, foundations, statutory and corporate funders to support the work of St Werburghs City Farm (targets and priorities will be supplied);
- Work closely with the Director to develop and deliver the Farm’s Fundraising and Communications Strategies.
2. Key Responsibilities
- Generate increased income to meet agreed targets and timescales;
- Research and write funding proposals to the most promising funding programmes and opportunities as deemed appropriate to the Farm’s project/post needs;
- Coordinate staff in the compilation of effective and timely reports and project monitoring as required by funding bodies;
- Maintain and develop good relationships with existing and new funding bodies;
- Keep up to date with current and future (external) policies, strategies and funding availability, with a view to identifying appropriate streams of funding to achieve our goals;
- Increasing awareness and raising the profile of the Farm through effective marketing & PR (including press coverage, website development and social media);
- Maintain and develop the Farm’s membership scheme, maximising potential income through an enhanced donor journey (including maintaining and developing databases, communication and events);
- Maintain and develop the Farm’s funding databases;
- Support and advise staff to undertake project specific fundraising initiatives, including the submission of additional applications to trusts and foundations and appeal based fundraising;
- Ensure that the conditions of any funding received are recorded, monitored and met in liaison with the relevant Project Managers.
3. Additional responsibilities
- Maintain and develop communications with external supporters/partners, including the production of quarterly e-newsletters, monthly What’s On Guides and on-site interpretation;
- Increase unrestricted income through Gift Aid, online donations and specific appeals and through initiatives such as JustTextGiving, VirginMoneyGiving, Localgiving etc;
- Support and advise staff in the development of income generating initiatives to ensure they are costed appropriately and consistently, seeking full-cost recovery where applicable;
- Identify and increase corporate support through Charity of the Year partnerships, corporate sponsors and team challenge days;
- Identify and introduce avenues for promoting legacy giving;
- Develop and implement a calendar of events including the coordination of a number of fundraising activities;
- Coordinate and develop the Farm’s central monitoring procedures;
- Promote the aims and objectives of the Farm and present a positive image of the Farm through good public relations, media contacts etc;
- Attend and report to the Fundraising and Marketing sub-committee, and attend board meetings when required;
- Attend team, and other staff meetings as required;
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button