This job has now expired
Deputy Director - Corporate Partnerships
Full-time, fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave
Circa £65,000 per annum, plus benefits
Are you a born leader, capable of managing an ambitious team? Would you relish the opportunity to play an important part in a ground-breaking fundraising ambition? If so, this could be the ideal role for you.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s top children’s charities as part of an established and fast-paced, Corporate Partnerships department at Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. The team is enthusiastic and creative, having the benefit of a clear strategy, an inspiring cause and a fantastic charity brand who pride themselves on delivering first class stewardship.
Leading the Account Management and New Business teams, you will be responsible for securing and delivering six and seven figure partnerships, and developing long-term relationships with senior volunteers from the world of business.
This role reports to the Director of Corporate Partnerships who reports to the Chief Executive of the Charity.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing ongoing performance management for the Head of New Business and Head of Account Management through regular supervision and appraisals to ensure that objectives are met and the highest standards of professionalism are maintained.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our key clients and taking a lead role in the delivery of those partnerships, as well as taking a lead role in developing and leveraging industry initiatives as a vehicle for significant corporate support.
- Working with the Director to fully utilise the networks of the Corporate Partnerships Board to help achieve ambitious new business targets and maximise existing client relationships, and to contribute to the Corporate Partnerships team’s strategy planning and delivery, setting achievable but stretch budgets, objectives, targets, milestones and KPIs.
- Supporting the Director in all aspects of the team’s work, including department meetings and away days, advising on best practice, encouraging creative solutions to prospecting and stewardship, developing fundraising cases for support for prospects and existing donors, establishing volunteer networks, engagement and donor recognition opportunities etc.
- Deputising in the absence of the Director and undertaking other tasks as necessary to contribute to the Corporate Partnerships Department’s and GOSHCC’s objectives.
With proven corporate fundraising experience and ideally a degree or equivalent level qualification, you will be an astute team manager with a background in securing new business, delivering partnerships and maximising support from clients. Self-motivated and well-organised, you will lead by example and make decisions based on sound sector knowledge and experience.
In return, we offer benefits such as a robust development plan and 30 days annual leave, as well as interest free discounted season ticket loan, pension, cycle scheme, and discounts at various local retail outlets.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please email your CV (quoting ref: GOSHCC42) and include a one page covering letter that covers the following areas
- How will you earn the respect of the Corporate Partnership team and demonstrate your credibility quickly to ensure maximum results during this placement?
- Describe how your experience makes you a suitable candidate for a one year maternity placement in a senior level in the Charity?
- What key achievement have you delivered which will differentiate you from other candidates?
Closing date for applications: 10 September 2012.
First round interview date: 11 & 13 September 2012.
Please see our website www.gosh.org for further information about the Charity.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.