This job has now expired
Our client, The Employee Ownership Association, is a member organisation which acts as the voice of co-owned business in the UK.
It represents a network of over a hundred companies with significant employee ownership and a sector of the economy worth over £30 billion annually.
With members such as co-owned Unipart, Gripple, Childbase, John Lewis Partnership, Make Architects, Scott Bader, Arup, Mott MacDonald, Baxi and Eaga, as well as a host of successful enterprises from many sectors of the economy, the Association’s role is to serve its member companies and promote the growth of employee ownership in the UK.
Formed in 1979, the Association is wholly independent and has no political affiliation.
The Association provides succession advice to companies considering transition to employee ownership and those wanting to make more of their employee ownership.
The Association is highly respected across Government and Business and is committed to enhancing the influence and profile of employee ownership.
Reporting to the newly appointed Chief Executive, you will be a key member of a tight-knit team and will have significant exposure across the membership and with third parties from the worlds of commerce and government.
- Primarily to support the CEO but also administration support to the Director of Communications and Director of Membership.
- Full diary management
- Arranging board and other meetings including preparation of agendas and papers and minute taking
- Managing the Sage accounting system and monitoring the EOA cash position
- Maintaining the Customer Relationship Management database
- Acting as first point of contact for telephone enquiries and visitors to EOA
- General office admin, such as booking meeting rooms, stationery ordering and assisting with IT issues.
- Previous experience of supporting a senior level executive
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to agreed deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Word and basic Excel is essential and PowerPoint (preferred)
- Refined interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at the highest levels
- A customer orientated positive attitude
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and prior experience using Sage or other computer based financial system would be useful
- A proactive work attitude with the ability to organise own work without supervision
This is a varied and high profile role and as a result the individual’s personal network will grow.
For more information and to apply, please click the "Apply now" button.