This job has now expired
Our client, A New Direction, connect children, young people and education with the best of arts and culture in London. They want to make London the leading city in the world for young peoples’ cultural and creative development.
They do this by;
- Campaigning for the value of arts and culture in lives of all young Londoners
- Promoting practical ways that schools and other institutions can develop cultural opportunities
- Working with arts and cultural partners to ensure the highest quality in work with Children and young people
- Our client is part of the Arts Council’s national Bridge network and work closely with Apples and Snakes, the Lyric Hammersmith. The Roundhouse and Sadler’s Wells who support them in this role.
Position: Communications Assistant
Location: Stratford, London
Salary: £14,438.10 - £18,289.75 per annum
To provide administrative and technical support to the Communications Producer. A key role in assisting the supporting the print, online presence and general communications of the organisation and will involve a wide range of administrative and technical duties.
- Answering the telephone, general reception duties and responding to both written and email enquiries and managing the A New Direction email info box.
- Organising practical arrangements for meetings, booking meeting rooms, equipment loans, and maintaining diaries for the team.
- Inputting data e.g. mailing lists and assisting with maintenance of A New Direction databases
- To assist the Communications Producer on the writing and compiling of contracts and creating purchase orders
- Liaising with A New Direction suppliers as necessary
- Basic research and preparation of web and communication reports as required.
- Assisting the Communications Producer on the development of A New Directions website and producing in house design for web based and printed communications as and when appropriate
You may have experience in the following roles/ areas:
Administration, Media, PR or Marketing Assistant, Office Co-ordinator or a Creative Assistant.
Closing date: 10th September 2012 at Midday
Interview date: 20th September 2012
To apply for this role please click to apply now, you will then be taken to our client's website to download an application pack.
Our client is committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in its workforce.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.