This job has now expired
Job title: Digital Officer
Reports to: Digital Manager
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Head Office, 73-75 Goswell Road, London EC1V
Purpose of Job
To assist the Digital Manager in the maintenance and ongoing development of the BLF online presence, including the website, microsites and social media channels. To implement creative & technical solutions in order to raise the profile of the BLF amongst key audiences, increase traffic to the website and create a high quality and engaging user experience.
- Maintenance of content on the website and implementation of improvements to ensure that it acts as the BLF’s main marketing and communications tool
- Assist the Digital manager devise and deliver creative digital solutions to enable the BLF to meet its corporate targets
- Help increase traffic to the website, by applying SEO best practice, reciprocal links, and other online techniques aimed at reaching target audiences
- Ensure that all BLF digital communications are engaging, current, represent BLF’s core messages and target the appropriate audience. Our key audiences include people with lung disease, fundraisers, health care professionals and campaigners.
- Provide out-of-hours cover when necessary to provide swift response to breaking news
- Ensure domain registrations are kept up-to-date
- Ensure all content uploaded is comprehensive and accurate and complies with the Health Information Standard.
- Produce timely and accurate web traffic and digital activity reports using the Google Analytics web traffic reporting system and other appropriate measurement tools.
- Assist in the provision of training and support to BLF staff on CMS.
- To protect BLF’s brand online, ensuring the website adheres to brand guidelines and procedures
- Assist in the broadcast of the BLF’s regular webinars.
- Manage the maintenance of the BLF’s contact lists, ensuring that all lists are up to date, comprehensive and that all opt-outs are appropriately handled.
Person specification Essential qualifications and experience
- Proven knowledge and experience of Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to keep up to date with online trends and to trial the latest online platforms.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Numerate and analytical, in order to interpret statistics, understand data and present information clearly
- Ability to work on numerous projects at the same time and to manage your own time effectively
- Team player with a positive and flexible approach, able to work collaboratively
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and remain calm under pressure
- A commitment to personal learning, development and improvement in pursuit of own objectives and those of the team and organization
- Previous experience of managing website and digital platforms Experience of digital fundraising campaigns and techniques
- Some experience of writing and editing for the web, with appropriate search engine optimisation.
- Relevant degree and/or technical/design qualification
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.