This job has now expired
Overseas Volunteer Administrator
£21,900 pro rata, includes the Roseland boundary allowance
London (Head Office, Vauxhall)
Part Time, 21 hours per week
Fixed term contract till 31 March 2013.
Every year Leonard Cheshire Disability places over 60 overseas volunteers in services around the UK. You will work closely with the Volunteer and Enabling Officer (Head Office) to maintain and develop this overseas volunteer programme with responsibility for all administration and management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting services in producing European Voluntary Service (EVS) bids and other funding applications for overseas volunteers. Maintaining a register of bids submitted and monitoring the financial arrangements of EVS bids.
- Acting as a central point of contact, offering support and guidance to services and overseas volunteers to ensure that placements are successful and building and maintaining relationships with overseas volunteering agencies.
- Producing internal and external reports and statistics as required, including writing final reports for EVS placements
- Familiarity of bid writing
- Experience of working as part of a diverse team
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- To be able and willing to travel and stay away overnight when required
Experience of working with disabled people and with overseas volunteers and/or volunteering abroad.
For further information or an application pack please contact Central Recruitment on 08458 720332 or email by clicking the 'apply' button and quoting reference SLR1305.
Closing date: Thursday 30 August 2012.