This job has now expired
c£38,000 + excellent benefits package
As the nation's heart charity we're passionate about the work we do. We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Database Administrator to join our dedicated IT department and make a real difference playing a vital role in supporting the databases that enable us to achieve our charitable objectives and ensuring they are both robust, fit-for-purpose and secure.
Reporting directly to the Infrastructure Manager you'll also assist the Foundations staff with general IT queries and be involved in the following:
- Managing the development of databases and database infrastructure in line with business needs, including the management of SQL servers, clustering configuration and database structure.
- To support any reporting requirements through SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and integration through SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Supporting and configuring SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- You will be responsible for database security and conformance to industry standards.
- To assist in the support, maintenance, management and enhancement of LOB systems, including regular monitoring and preventive maintenance.
- To liaise with users, external partners and suppliers of the Foundation in relation to the support maintenance and improvements to applications and databases.
- To manage business recovery provision for databases and applications, including managing system documentation and DR plans.
- To participate in infrastructure or development projects as directed.
- To help with auditing of systems where relevant.
- To ensure that technology is used, managed and supported in accordance with Foundation standards, policies and procedures.
- To assist in other activities of the IT Department as directed.
Ideally you will have proven experience of working within the IT industry and supporting business applications; the ability to communicate effectively in order to gain achievement and be able to work independently and within an effective team.
To apply for this role please use the apply button below. Our process involves submitting your CV and a covering letter, which should outline your interest and explain how you meet the role's criteria. Please note we will only accept applications via this method