This job has now expired
Head of Business Development and Fundraising
Who we are
pfeg (Personal Finance Education Group) is the UK’s leading organisation helping schools to plan and teach children and young people how to manage their money now and in the future. A registered charity, it values its independence and integrity.
1. Flexibility and the willingness to manage change and ambiguity
2. Commitment to abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practices
3. Willingness to be checked by the Criminal Records Bureau
1. Proven experience of writing proposals, writing and delivering sales pitches and presentations and developing relationships
2. Business savvy with the ability to think creatively and come up with innovative ideas and business plans
3. A compelling and engaging writer, skilled at tender and bid writing and getting key messages across
4. Proven success of securing fundraising or new business partnerships worth £1M+
5. The ability to work successfully at senior management level
6. A broad understanding of the personal finance needs of people in the UK and the issues facing schools, teachers and policy makers
7. Ability to think strategically, to prioritise tasks and to manage a complex workload effectively
8. Hands on as well as strategic
9. IT literate (especially Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
1. Initiative, vision, innovation and creativity.
2. Outstanding communication, presentation and networking skills, combined with the vision and tenacity to achieve exceptional results.
3. Ability to empathise and work with a diverse group of people from different backgrounds and cultures.
4. Ability to influence and motivate staff and others who are not under direct control
5. Strong interpersonal, networking and influencing skills
6. Commitment and the desire to succeed
7. Ability to plan and achieve goals
8. Highly numerate
9. Communication, motivational, influencing and negotiating skills
10. Process driven, motivated by establishing best practice and clear lines of communication
11. Team orientation, ability to build effective partnerships and productive relationships
1. Empathy for pfeg’s mission
2. Understanding and interest in the stakeholders involved in Financial Education in the UK and the policy environment
3. Willingness to stay away overnight when required
4. Ability to travel within the demands of the job and the organisation
5. Demonstrable track record of continuous professional development
If you are interested in this role, and are eligible to work in the United Kingdom, please submit your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability and explaining why you want this role by clicking the Apply Now button. Applications submitted without a detailed cover letter will not be considered.
The Closing date is 27th August