This job has now expired
Development Manager, Midlands, West and Wales
JDRF is the type 1 diabetes charity, improving lives until we find the cure. We fund research to cure, treat and prevent type 1 diabetes. We also provide information for children and adults living with the condition at all stages, from diagnosis and beyond. We give a voice to people with type 1 diabetes and campaign for increased focus on, and funding for, research to find the cure.
JDRF has 50 employees at Head Office in London and five regional offices throughout the UK.
We are currently seeking a goal orientated individual with strong networking skills to join our team in Birmingham as a Development Manager (Fundraising) covering the Midlands, West and Wales Region. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a growing charity. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to develop and implement fundraising strategy for the Region, is target driven and focused on leading the region to deliver regular income growth and further develop the fundraising portfolio.
You will be required to:
- Act at a senior level to develop and implement a fundraising strategy and plan capable of putting JDRF at the heart of the Type 1 community in the region.
- Experienced in delivering to financial targets.
- To inform and contribute to the development of regional strategy nationally, through the Head of Regional Fundraising and membership of the Regional Management Team
- In association with the Communications Department, implement programmes to raise awareness of the work of JDRF with special emphasis on involving families living with diabetes
- To implement and support any new revenue generation initiatives.
Successful candidates should have:
- A proven track record of success in regional fundraising at a senior level, have previous management experience and understand the importance of working with volunteers.
- Excellent organisational Skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and communication skills
To apply, please click Apply now. Applicants should send an up to date CV and covering letter, the cover letter should demonstrate clearly how you meet the person specification.
Closing Date 17 August