This job has now expired
Press Officer – 9 months fixed term (maternity cover)
The RSPCA is the largest animal welfare charity in England and Wales, currently employing over 1,600 people and with more than 166 branches. Its mission is to prevent cruelty, promote kindness and alleviate suffering of all animals, nationally and internationally. The Society funds its annual running costs, currently in excess of £100m, almost exclusively by voluntary donations and legacies.
Would you relish the opportunity to work in one of the country’s busiest press offices to further animal welfare?
Key responsibilities will include:
- Responding to press queries relating to the work, policies and campaigns of the Society.
- Writing news releases, statements, Q&As and other relevant documents.
- Promoting RSPCA campaigns to the press.
- Acting as Society spokesperson on general animal welfare issues.
You should have:
- GCSE English or equivalent, NCTJ desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Word and keyboard skills.
- Previous experience working in a communications environment, combined with the ability to build good working relationships both within and outside of the organisation.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines, working off your own initiative.
Closing date for completed applications: 10 August 2012
Interview dates: 21/22 August 2012
For an application form please visit the careers section on our website or write to us on a postcard quoting reference PR/429, Human Resources Department, RSPCA, Wilberforce Way, Southwater, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 9RS.
Promoting kindness and preventing cruelty to animals.
The RSPCA offers excellent benefits, including private healthcare, defined contribution pension scheme, childcare vouchers, employee assistance programme and a subsidised staff restaurant.
We value diversity and encourage applications from all sections of the community.