This job has now expired
Senior Alumni Relations Manager, Clubs and Events
London Business School, Regent’s Park, London
Circa £36,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits
It is the Vision of London Business School to have a profound impact on the way the world does business.
The Advancement group encompasses Alumni Relations, Annual Giving, Development and Operations. Its purpose is to lead on the development and enhancement of the London Business School community. The group’s key activities are managing our relationship with our alumni, fundraising from individuals, corporations, foundations and trusts by developing and leveraging proactive and long term relationships with these constituents. To achieve this, the Department works closely with external bodies and internal departments, such as the Dean, Governing Body, faculty, students, staff, alumni, friends, corporations, foundations and others. Members of the Advancement department at all levels have a major role to play in the success of the School’s advancement efforts by working to build important relationships and promote the image of the School.
As a senior member of the Alumni Relations team, the post holder is responsible for developing and implementing an Alumni Relations strategy that will engage alumni with the School via the regional and professional interest club network.
Main responsibilities include: -
- Develop and execute a strategy for the School's 80+ international alumni clubs to include the Worldwide Alumni Celebration as well as the public launch of the Campaign, that will increase the effectiveness of regional clubs in engaging alumni with the School
- Develop and execute a strategy for the School's alumni professional interest clubs that will serve to engage alumni by sector and which makes clear the relationship to student professional interest clubs
- Successfully plan and execute the annual Worldwide Alumni Celebration in 80+ cities
- Work closely with the London Alumni Club President and committee to plan, organise and execute events for alumni in London
- Present at Club Leader Conferences in Europe, Asia and the Americas
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all Club Leaders and committee members so as to guide, support and motivate them, whilst building their connection to the School
- Identify and recruit appropriate Club Leaders for clubs in need of a leadership transition; manage the performance of club leaders and the transition of club leaders to the emeritus role
- Work within in the School's and Advancement's social media guidelines to advise and support clubs wishing to develop a social media presence
- Visit club leaders and attend club events in a designated portfolio of cities
- Efficiently manage the Alumni Relations budget for clubs and events.
The ideal candidate will have a sound knowledge of alumni relations programmes; experience within Executive Education sector would be advantageous. You will have extensive awareness of the activities of the organisation and competitor business schools along with demonstrable strategic planning skills and event management experience. You will also have excellent communication and relationship building skills and experience of working with senior, intellectually challenging professionals and academics
London Business School offers its staff a wide range of professional development opportunities. Other benefits include generous holiday entitlement, season ticket loan, defined benefit pension scheme and on-site swimming pool, sauna and gym. For a full list of benefits, please visit our website.
Please review the full job description and apply online on our website by clicking Apply now. Submit your CV, and a covering letter addressing the essential job requirements along with details of your eligibility to work in the UK.
Friday 31 August 2012
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually. Therefore successful applicants only will be contacted within four weeks of the closing date.