This job has now expired
This Media Officer will join the Communications team who are responsible for web, publications, events and media.
This Media Officer will:
- Develop and implement our strategic communications plan
- Build an address book of key contacts in the UK and international media
- Identify opportunities for, and secure, immediate and long-term media coverage
- Coordinate interviews, responding to all media queries, overseeing the development of key messages
- Write and edit press releases and organise media events and news conferences
- Provide expert media advice to staff, including assisting them in writing materials for the media, identifying press opportunities and generating coverage
This Media Officer must have proven experience:
- In a communications, public relations or journalist role
- Working with the UK and/or international media
- Organising media events, such as press conferences
- Proactively developing media campaigns with impact
- Generating media coverage in the UK and internationally
- Working in the human rights or development field (desirable)
Salary: circa £28, 000
Closing date: Wednesday 25 July 2012
As part of our service at Flow Caritas we of course provide you with more information about the role and the organisation as well as pre-submission feedback advice on your CV and application.
For more information or to apply please click APPLY below.