This job has now expired
Individual Giving Fundraiser (permanent, full-time)
£24,000 - £26,000, depending on experience
Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK that deals exclusively with myeloma, a complex, debilitating and currently incurable cancer of the plasma cells which are found in the bone marrow.
We are one of the UK’s most respected cancer organisations with an excellent reputation for delivery and success. The organisation’s strategy is to rapidly and systematically address the critical challenges that are slowing down research, the development of and access to new treatments, optimal care, support and information for myeloma patients.
Are you a successful fundraiser looking for a new challenge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled and experienced Individual Giving Fundraiser to join our dedicated, forward thinking and dynamic team.
We are seeking a hard working and focused individual to lead and develop our individual giving programmes and to significantly increase income. You will be experienced and successful at growing existing income and generating new income through various individual giving programmes and marketing activities.
You should have:
- A degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least 3 - 4 years experience as a fundraiser, planning campaigns and marketing activities
- A substantial and demonstrable track record of raising income through individual giving
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing individual giving programmes to increase participation and income
- Demonstrable experience of donor stewardship and developing relationships for long-term benefit
- Experience of using a relational database for customer relationship management
- Thorough understanding of individual giving and the technical and legislative aspects of these programmes
- Budget management and reporting experience
- Further particulars are detailed in the job description
The role is full-time and office-based in Edinburgh.
Why work for us?
In our 15th year, Myeloma UK is a strong, prospering and highly credible organisation that is leading the field in rare cancer support, policy and research. Our achievements have been significant and myeloma patients are living longer as a result of our work. Our Strategy is ground-breaking and the challenges and opportunities ahead provide exciting times for the organisation.
You will be joining a highly passionate and committed team. Fundraising can be incredibly therapeutic for our supporters and your hard work will bring in the funds necessary to change people’s lives. Being part of a growing fundraising team you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and abilities and grow with the organisation.
To apply for this role, visit our website by clicking Apply now and download the relevant documents or contact Rachel Hallows at on 0131 557 3332.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 3 August 2012.
Charity no. SC 026116